Homeseek Stuck On Loading Screen: Quick Ways To Fix
If you're experiencing trouble with Homeseek loading, we have the solution to get things moving again. 👍
Homeseek may seem like another dystopian city-builder, but its unique mechanics and captivating setting make it stand out. Players face the challenge of rebuilding a world that works against them, where thirsty survivors leave their bunkers like in Fallout. If you’re a survival strategy fan, you won’t be disappointed unless Homeseek gets stuck on the loading screen. But don’t worry; we’re here to help you successfully launch the game with our quick guide.
Why is my Homeseek stuck on the loading screen?
We will outline some of the primary reasons that may be causing this issue:
- incompatible pc specification
- outdated GPU driver, the game, or Windows OS
- corrupted game files
- too many background processes
- firewall and antivirus blocking the game
- overlay apps issues
How do I fix when Homeseek is stuck on the loading screen?
Before tackling anything complex, it is crucial to finish these fundamental tasks:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements.
- Restart the game launcher or your PC.
- Close any heavy tasks running in the background, like Office, Photoshop, VMware, etc.
- Verify and repair game files.
Done all the preliminary checks but still having stuck issues in Homeseek? Do our following tips:
- Update your GPU driver
- Disable firewall and antivirus software
- Disable Steam overlay
- Delete game save files
1. Update your GPU driver
An outdated or corrupted GPU driver may be the first suspect if you encounter problems such as Homeseek getting stuck on the loading screen. To prevent such issues, we recommend regularly updating your GPU driver. Do the following:
1. Press the Win+R keys to bring up the Run dialog.
2. Type; “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
3. Double-click on the Display adapters to expand, right-click on GPU, and select Update driver.
4. Follow on-screen instructions to install the most recent version of the GPU driver.
ℹ️ We recommend using Outbyte Driver Updater to maintain and update your PC’s system drivers easily. This tool efficiently scans and updates all your Windows drivers, saving you time and eliminating the hassle of manual updates.
2. Disable firewall and antivirus software
Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus while troubleshooting Homeseek, but remember to re-enable security afterward.
1. Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type; “firewall.cpl” and press Enter.
3. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
4. Click on the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. Confirm changes on the OK button.
5. For Windows Virus & Threat Protection, click on Windows Start and select Settings.
6. Click on Update & Security.
7. Select a Virus & Treat protection and then Manage settings.
8. Disable Real-time protection.
3. Disable Steam overlay
Although overlays may seem helpful in games, they can sometimes cause problems. We recommend turning off the overlay in this case. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Steam client and choose the Steam> Settings option from the menu.
2. Choose In-Game from the left pane and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
4. Delete game save files
Time needed: 1 minute
If you are experiencing issues with Homeseek getting stuck on loading or having a long loading time, one possible cause could be corrupted game save files. First, exit the game and Steam launcher.
- Open the Run dialog box
Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box and type; %appdata%\..\LocalLow. Press Enter.
- Backup Game Save Folder
Navigate to AppData>LocalLow>Traptics>Homeseek and back up this folder.
- Delete Game Save Files
Now delete all game save files or the ones you suspect are causing the problem.
- Launch the game
Check if Homeseek is still stuck on the loading screen.
Do you still have an issue that Homeseek is stuck on the loading screen? Here are some additional options to consider:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Disable OC tools like MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.
- Launch the game from the installation folder ( Right-click on the Homeseek.exe>Properties >Compatibility. Tick checkbox – Run this program as an administrator)
- Reduce the screen resolution or graphic details to medium or low, then try to see if you still have the problem.
- Perform clean boot (Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Disable all unnecessary apps from Startup).
- Reinstall the game in a different folder or disk.
- Homeseek Crashing: How To Fix It Quickly
- Homeseek Low FPS: How To Boost Performance
- Homeseek Won’t Launch: How To Fix It Quickly
Homeseek can get stuck on the loading screen due to various reasons. The first step is to check the game’s system requirements and ensure that your Windows OS is up to date with the latest drivers. Also, temporarily disable your firewall, antivirus, and overlay function, as they can cause issues. Although our initial steps may seem simple, they can resolve your problem immediately. Finally, if you have any additional questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to comment below.