Homeseek Won’t Launch: How To Fix It Quickly
If your Homeseek doesn't launch, we've created a guide to help you solve this annoying problem effectively. ✅
Homeseek is a real-time strategy game set in a post-apocalyptic world where Earth is resource-scarce, and water is as valuable as gold. Every decision made is crucial for survival, and with your guidance, your colony may have a chance of staying alive. Unfortunately for strategy fans, it’s a nightmare if the Homeseek won’t launch to enjoy this new Traptics release. To avoid wandering around looking for a solution, read our troubleshooting guide if you are affected by this problem.
Why is my Homeseek not launching?
We will outline the various reasons why this problem occurs:
- PC hardware not suitable for recommended system requirements
- outdated graphics driver
- corrupted game files
- overlay issues
- conflict with firewall or antivirus
- resource-consuming apps running in the background
How do I fix Homeseek won’t launch?
First, we suggest you do these easy steps:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements for the game.
- Restart the game and your PC.
- Temporarily disable firewall and third-party antivirus software.
- Verify and repair game files.
The above steps should fix the launching problem with Homeseek. If not, go through our following tips:
- Update graphics card driver
- Update the game
- Clear Steam download cache
- Run Homeseek in the compatibility mode
1. Update graphics card driver
An outdated or corrupted GPU driver can hinder starting and playing games. We recommend regularly updating your GPU to the latest version, which includes bug fixes for commonly played games.
1. Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager from the quick access menu.
2. Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
3. Right-click on your graphics card and click Update driver.
4. Choose Search automatically for drivers and follow the on-screen guide to finish the update process.
ℹ️ Are you exhausted from the hassle of manually scouring for driver updates? Let Outbyte Driver Updater take the load off your shoulders. This handy tool automatically updates drivers as soon as new versions become available.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Update the game
We highly recommend checking for Homeseek updates to improve performance and stability.
1. Open the Steam launcher and select Homeseek from your game library.
2. Click on the Update if available. Otherwise, right-click on the game and select Properties.
3. Select UPDATES from the left pane and then choose Always keep this game updated.
4. Exit the Steam launcher.
5. Relaunch Steam. It will automatically check for a new Homeseek update (if any) and install it.
3. Clear Steam download cache
Time needed: 3 minutes
We recommend clearing the game client cache if Homeseck won’t launch.
- Launch Steam client
Click Steam on the menu, and then choose Settings.
- Select Downloads
Select Downloads from the left pane, then click Clear Download Cache.
- Confirm action
A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm clearing the cache. You will be logged out.
- Relaunch Steam
Log in to your Steam account again, then check if the issue is gone.
4. Run Homeseek in the compatibility mode
We recommend running Homeseek in compatibility mode and as an administrator. Doing so allows the system to run the game properly. Do the following:
1. Open the Steam client, and navigate to the Homeseek in your games library.
2. Select Manage>Browse local files.
3. Right-click on Homeseek.exe and select Properties.
4. Select the Compatibility tab.
5. Tick checkboxes: Run this program as an administrator and Run this program in compatibility mode.
6. Select Windows 8 or Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
7. Click Apply, and select OK to save changes.
8. Try to launch the game from this folder.
Won’t your Homeseek still launch? Here are some additional options to consider:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Check free storage space and any other issues with the drive (HDD or SSD).
- Close all unnecessary apps running in the background.
- Disable overlay in Steam, Discord, Xbox Game Bar, etc.
- Remove any custom launch options in the Steam launcher.
- Disable OC and tools like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Razer Synapse, etc.
- Reinstall Homeseek on a different drive or folder.
- Homeseek Crashing: How To Fix It Quickly
- Homeseek Low FPS: How To Boost Performance
- Homeseek Stuck On Loading Screen: Quick Ways To Fix
If your Homeseek won’t launch, restart the game and your PC, as the problem may be temporary. In addition, check if your computer is compatible with the recommended specification, update your OS and GPU driver. If the Steam client has issues, run the game from the installation folder in compatibility mode and as an administrator. Also, ensure the game is updated to the latest version before launching. However, for additional questions, comment below; we’ll be happy to help.