Rocket League was released last month and by now it’s one of the most popular and played games on Steam with over 10,000 positive reviews.Recently the developers of the game published a patch to fix some of the game errors, but some issues are still there.The most common Rocket League errors are Random Crashes, Black Screen Split, Camera Issues, Performance Issues or Lag, Failed to Save Game Data.
Below you can read some tips to fix these errors so you can play the game:
How to Fix Rocket League Errors:
1) Rocket League Random Crashes, some players are experiencing random crashes during the game or shortly after they open it.
“I launch the game and shortly after, it crashes, and when I go to open task manager it doesn’t open, and it won’t let me close the game and its just white, I have to restart my PC, any help?”
“Bought the game today, played two matches, were okay, but the teammates were pretty bad so went for ranked. Played 1 ranked, the game crashed after half a min, black screen, had to turn PC off and on power to turn it again. 10 min ban
2nd game managed to get few balls so fortunately it counted as win, but I still crashed after two mins. Any solutions?”
Solution: To fix the crashes in the game follow the tutorial at the end of the post on how to fix the major issues in the game.
If you are still encountering crashes, try to update your video card drivers or try to uninstall the game and install it again and make sure to install the latest patch too.
2) Rocket League Black Screen Split, if you launch the game with two controllers, you will encounter this issue with the screen turning black.
“When I try to play in split screen with my friend the screen goes black, but the boost indicator and menu are still visible.”
“The game plays fine but when I split screen the pitch goes black all I can see is the boost bar, I can hear the two cars playing and moving, but I don’t see them nor the pitch.”
To fix this issue, you need to switch the render quality in the game settings or to apply our patch.
3) Rocket League Camera Issues, sometimes the camera it’s not where it’s supposed to be, behind the car.
“Normally when you start the game you see the car in the start, but my car keep turning around an i can’t get the camera right in front of the car, i always see the car from the left side in the game!? :)”
“You have the ball lined up, and everything is great, then at the last second just as you’re getting to the ball…wham…the camera swivels 180 degrees and you miss .”
To fix this issue pause the game and go into the settings, then change the camera swivel at both the max and min settings.
4) Rocket League Performance Issue or Lag, some players are having constant lag or performance issues.
“I just really wanna make sure this isn’t me. I’m playing in my own region, yet I still get TONS of lag, not playable in the slightest. I’ll be honest my internet isn’t the best, so I would assume a bit of lag, But i can play CSGO and other games without MUCH lag, but rocket league was just insane with it, going through walls, flying through the air to a idiotic place.”
Solution: You can fix our Performance Issues with our tutorial below.
5) Rocket League Failed to Save Game Data, for some players the game doesn’t recognize the save data and they need to start again from level 1.
“Bought rocket league yesterday great game, BUT game data doesn’t save at all. At first i played by my self got to level 9 had some garage items then went off for and bit, then came back on to play with my friend and everything was gone.”
To fix this error go to the folder where you have installed Steam and access steamapps/common/Rocket League/Binaries, here right click on rocketleague.exe and run the game as administrator.
Rocket League Tutorial to Fix Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop! If the game lags too frequently, then consider upgrading it to a small gaming laptop which would cost you a dime compared to the bigger expensive ones.
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Rocket League”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Rocket League!
We hope that our tips helped you fix your issues with the game and that now you are able to play it.If you encounter any other errors or if you have questions please use the comment section below and our team of developers will help you.