Inkbound Low FPS: How to Boost Performance
To fix the low FPS issue in Inkbound, check out our guide to eliminate this annoying issue. 👍
The Shiny Shoe development team responsible for Full Throttle Remastered and Monster Train is also behind Inkbound. It’s a colorful, cooperative roguelike title based on turn-based combat. If you’re playing Inkbound, you may encounter the issue of low FPS, causing lags, stutters, and skipping during gameplay. This can be frustrating, especially if it happens during intense gaming. We’ve compiled this guide to help you swiftly and effectively resolve this problem.
Why do I have a low FPS in Inkbound?
There are various root causes behind this problem, like:
- Recommended system requirements are not met.
- Outdated graphics driver.
- Corrupted game files.
- Other simultaneous downloads in the background.
- Demanding in-game graphics settings.
- Heavy tasks running in the background.
- A firewall or antivirus interferes with the game.
How do I fix low FPS in Inkbound?
Before moving on to our tips, we recommend starting with these basic steps:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements.
- Restart the Inkbound and your PC.
- Verify and repair game files.
- Close any heavy tasks running in the background.
If you have gone through all the previous steps and are still experiencing low FPS, you may want to consider trying out the following tips:
- Update GPU driver
- Choose the proper Power Plan
- Disable Xbox Game Bar
- Change in-game graphics settings
1. Update GPU driver
If Inkbound is experiencing crashes, low FPS, stuttering, or lag, your GPU driver may be outdated. To resolve this problem, we recommend updating your driver to the latest version. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Press the Win+R keys to bring up the Run dialog.
2. Type; “devmgmt.msc” in the text box and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
3. Double-click on the Display adapters, right-click on the GPU and select Update driver.
4. Wait while Windows searches for, downloads, and installs the latest GPU driver version.
📌 A stress-free method to update your Windows system drivers is by utilizing Outbyte Driver Updater. This trustworthy and effective tool automatically updates your drivers whenever a new version is released, saving you the inconvenience of searching for genuine drivers through a web browser or manually updating via a device manager.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Choose the proper Power Plan
If you want to improve your Windows system’s performance, switching from Balanced mode to High-Performance mode in Power Options is worth considering. This simple change can make a significant difference, especially during high-intensity gameplay, and enhance your gaming experience. Here’s how to do it:
1. Press the Win+R keys to show the Run dialog box.
2. Type; “powercfg.cpl” and press Enter to open Power Options.
3. Tick the radio button High Performance or Ultimate Performance.
3. Disable Xbox Game Bar
Time needed: 3 minutes
For a better gaming experience in Inkbound with higher FPS, consider activating the Game Mode feature. Disabling the Xbox Game Bar is also recommended, as it may cause stuttering and crashing problems in some games.
- Select Gaming Settings
Right-click on Windows Start and choose Settings. Click on the Gaming menu.
- Disable the Xbox Game Bar.
Select Xbox Game Bar from the left pane and toggle off this option.
- Disable Background recording
Select Captures from the left pane and toggle off Background recording.
- Enable Game Mode
Select Game Mode from the left pane and toggle ON Game Mode.
📌 To avoid potential gaming performance or launch issues, we recommend disabling the overlay feature in Steam and other popular apps like Discord, Nvidia Overlay, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, etc.
4. Change in-game graphics settings
If you’re experiencing reduced performance and low FPS while playing Inkbound, the resolution and graphic details of the game may be demanding for your PC. To enhance your gaming experience, we recommend lowering your in-game graphics settings.
1. Run Inkbound. Press the ESC key to bring up the menu. Select Settings.
2. Adjust display settings. Try lowering the resolution, display mode, and eye-candy features for the best performance.
Do you still have a low FPS in Inkbound? Here are some additional options to consider:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Update the game.
- Temporarily disable Windows firewall and antivirus software.
- Be sure not to use an IGP instead of a discrete graphics card. Disable the integrated graphics card in Device Manager.
- Cancel any ongoing background downloads.
- Perform clean boot (Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Disable all unnecessary apps from Startup).
- Reinstall the game.
We hope one of our solutions has effectively resolved the low FPS issue you were experiencing on Inkbound. If you have any queries or recommendations, feel free to share them in the comments section below.