Overwatch 2 Won’t Install: Best Ways to Solve This Problem
Update the drivers, solve connection issues, rebuilt cache if you are unable to install or patch Overwatch 2 ✅
Occasionally, you may encounter Overwatch 2 won’t install and similar issues on your PC. It occurs while installing any necessary components, a patch, or the game itself. Luckily, there are solutions.
The installation process may fail for this first-person shooter title in various ways. However, in most cases, you may get the following message:
Overwatch 2 Error: Unable to Install or Patch
If the problem keeps appearing, don’t worry. We have the most accurate methods to fix it.
Learn the methods to fix Overwatch 2 won’t update if necessary.
Why is Overwatch 2 failing to install or patch?
Usually, any of the following things can hamper the Overwatch 2 installation process:
- Connection problem: Internet connection issues on your PC or the router or from your ISP’s end, everything can cause installation errors on Overwatch 2.
- Server problem: If the Blizzard servers are down, the same problem may keep bugging you.
- Problem with required components: In case the necessary game components, including your PC drivers, are outdated or incompatible, you may end up getting unable to install Overwatch 2 error.
- Problematic cache and settings: Another common problem behind the installation problem on Overwatch 2 is the corrupted cache and settings on your PC.
How can I fix Overwatch 2 won’t install?
First of all, you should do these quick things before applying the main solutions:
- Visit the Battle.net support page and ensure that the server is up and running.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection and are not using any proxy or VPN.
- Power cycle your router, internet modem, and PC.
After that, follow these methods one by one to get rid of Overwatch 2 not installing error:
1. Update drivers
- Press Win + X and then go to Device Manager.
- Expand a driver category.
- Right-click on your preferred driver, and then click on Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and complete the update.
- In this way, update your GPU, Network, and other drivers.
- Restart your PC.
If you want to update more drivers manually, it may take a lot of time. So, we suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater. This small application can scan, detect and update all of the outdated drivers with just a single click. In addition, its driving finding ability is much better than the device manager.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Start Secondary Logon service
Blizzard Agent needs the Logon service to perform smoothly. If it’s disabled, enable it by following these steps to solve Overwatch 2 won’t install:
- Open the Start Menu, type services.msc, and hit Enter.
- Locate the Secondary Logon service, click on it, and then click on Start.
- To avoid future issues, double-click on it and then set the start-up type to Automatic.
- Now, try to install Overwatch 2 and see if it has fixed not installation problem or not.
3. Change DNS
DNS can affect any update installation process. So, use a better DNS in the following way:
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the Network & internet, and go to WiFi or Ethernet.
- Locate the DNS server assignment and click on Edit next to it.
- Select Manual from the drop-down options.
- Enable IPv4.
- Set your preferred and alternate DNS as 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, and then click on Save.
- Restart Windows.
4. Reset the network
- Open Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet settings and then click on Advanced network settings.
- Click on Network Reset.
- Then, click on Reset now.
- Restart your PC.
5. Rebuild the cache
Time needed: 2 minutes
To solve Overwatch 2 won’t install, rebuild the cache files. It has a very good success rate in fixing this type of problem.
Now, you can try to install it again and see if the Overwatch 2 error: Unable to install or patch still pops up or not.
Still encountering the same problem? Try these fixes as well:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Repair the game files.
- Use a better antivirus to scan your PC for viruses.
- Re-install the game.
- Try in a clean boot.
- Contact the support team.
If necessary, also learn how to solve Overwatch 2 season 5 stuck on the loading screen.
This article has featured how you can fix Overwatch 2 won’t install. If you have concerns, let us know in the comment box.