Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25: How To Fix
Take a look at our concise guide for resolving the Rainbow Six Siege error code 4-0xfff0be252. 👍
Rainbow Six Siege is a shooter game that is easy to grasp and immensely gratifying, placing greater value on strategy and collaboration than on rapid reflexes. But, many gamers have stated that they encountered an error message Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25 while playing the game. Why this error appears and how to fix it is the subject of this guide in which we will help you overcome this problem.
What is Rainbow Six Siege error code 4-0xfff0be25?
There are several possible reasons why the Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25 may occur during gameplay. These reasons may include:
- Server issues
- Weak Internet connection
- Corrupted or missing game files
- Corrupted DNS caches
- Multiple programs are running in the background
- Game packet loss
How do I fix Rainbow Six Siege server connection error?
Before turning to advanced troubleshooting solutions, you can attempt some simpler steps:
- Check out the official game server status. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait for servers to return online if you see any issues.
- Ensure that your internet connection is functioning correctly.
- Close and relaunch the game or restart your PC.
- Verify and repair game files.
Let’s delve into some advanced tips to resolve the issue at hand:
- Update network driver
- Temporarily disable firewall and antivirus
- Flush your DNS
- Update the GameSettings file
1. Update network driver
One of the most common causes of game problems is known to be corrupted or outdated system drivers. The first step is to update the network driver to try to resolve Rainbow Six Siege error code 4-0xfff0be25.
1. Press the Win+R keys to bring up the Run dialog box.
2. Type; “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to open Device Manager.
3. Double-Click on the Network adapters and select your network adapter.
4. Right-click on the network card and choose the option Update driver.
5. Click Search automatically for drivers and follow the on-screen guide to finish installing the driver.
ℹ️ If you need to update your drivers, you have two options: do it manually or search the internet for assistance. However, both of these methods can be time-consuming and require some level of computer proficiency. To simplify the process, we recommend using Outbyte Driver Updater. This tool can swiftly identify outdated drivers on your system and automatically download and install the necessary updates.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Temporarily disable firewall and antivirus
We recommend that you temporarily disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus for troubleshooting purposes. After finishing playing, turn on the security software again.
1. Press the Win+R keys to show the Run dialog box.
2. Type; “firewall.cpl” and hit Enter.
3. Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
4. Tick all radio buttons to turn off Windows Firewall.
5. Now, open the Run dialog box again.
6. Type; “windowsdefender:” and hit Enter.
7. Click on the Virus & threat protection from the left pane and then on Manage settings.
8. Disable Real-time protection.
3. Flush your DNS
Flushing DNS will delete IP addresses or other DNS records from the cache. This can help resolve security and internet issues that may cause Rainbow Six Siege server connection errors.
1. Press the Win+Q keys.
2. Type cmd in the search bar to find the Command Prompt.
3. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
4. Type; “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
5. Type; “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
6. Type; “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
7. Type; “ipconfig /renew” and press Enter.
8. Type; “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
9. Restart the PC, launch Rainbow Six, and check if the error code 4-0xfff0be25 is gone.
4. Update the GameSettings file
Time needed: 1 minute
Try to enable Proxy Auto Discovery in the GameSettings file in case of error code 4-0xfff0be25.
- Open the File Explorer
Navigate to the C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six–Siege. Open the folder with the long name.
- Open GameSettings
Right-click on the GameSettings file and open it with Notepad.
- Change UseProxyAutoDiscovery
Scroll Down and see the UseProxyAutoDiscovery=0 at the end of the file. Change its value from 0 to 1.
- Save changes
After updating the GameSettings file, relaunch and test the game to check if the issue is gone.
Are you still struggling with Rainbow Six Siege’s error code 4-0xfff0be25? Here are some additional options to try:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Close any unnecessary background apps and cancel all long-running downloads.
- Update the game.
- Use ethernet instead of wireless for a more stable and faster connection.
- Perform clean boot.
- Reinstall the game.
If you are experiencing Rainbow Six Siege Error Code 4-0xfff0be25, it’s a primary network issue. Check the server issue and your network and repair game files as the first steps. Additionally, update your OS and all system drivers with the latest network driver. Also, clear the DNS cache, temporarily disable security software, and enable Proxy Auto Discovery. However, if you have any additional questions or suggestions, we will be happy to help if you leave a comment below.