Real gamers know that expert-level strategy goes beyond talent and skill—it’s also about your gaming setup and how you use it. If your mouse isn’t accurate, how are you going to going to line up the crosshair for that perfect shop? Or maybe your refresh rate is slowing you down, putting you steps behind the competition…When it comes to true success in gaming, you have to strike a balance between skill, gear, and passion.
Looking to elevate your gaming setup? Check out the 5 most important factors to consider when designing your new gaming powerhouse.
1) A Powerful Primary Device
Possibly the most important component of your gaming setup is your primary device. Your PC or laptop is the one with the CPU and graphics power to run your favorite games, transmit audio, and process your commands as you navigate through your preferred gamescape. If you’re in the market for a new gaming rig (PC or laptop), you should then consider looking at the best budget graphics card on hotrate.com to compare product details or, follow these tips to help you find one that’s ideal for gaming usage.
- Processors: For gaming, you’ll want a processor with at least 2 cores, but 4 and 6 cores are even better. If your budget allows for it, an 8-core processor would seriously ramp up your processing abilities, but a 6 core CPU would do the trick.
- GPU: If you’re playing graphic-intensive games (like 99% of us are), you’ll want to prioritize your device’s graphics processor. A good mid-range card would be Nvidia GTX 1060 or the AMD Radeon RX 580, while high-end graphics cards would be the Nvidia GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56.
- Update Flexibility: It’s not uncommon for gamers to make occasional updates to their hardware—not that you want to all the time—but when shopping for a gaming rig you should look for one that can easily be customized or upgraded.
2) Peripheral Accessories
If you follow any online gamers, you probably noticed that nearly all of them have multiple computer monitors to expand their view. Not only does an external monitor help enhance your experience in the gamescape, but it also allows you to multitask, game on a livestream, and level up your strategy with more accuracy than ever before.
Most modern devices allow you to daisy chain your devices which essentially means you can link each together with a single cable rather than a HDMI or VGA cable for each.
3) Experience-Focused Hardware
As we discussed before, your hardware is extremely important to your gaming operation. There are a few ways you can upgrade your hardware systems, but in general, you will want to focus on the following in order to enhance your gaming experience:
- Video Card
4) Audio-Enhancing Tools
In addition to the graphics experience, audio is another important factor to consider when revamping your gaming setup. Like graphics, having access to high-quality audio can give you an edge on approaching competition and help immerse gamers into their zone for optimal performance. When shopping for a primary device, though, audio power doesn’t need to take too much weight because you can upgrade your audio setup with external speakers or a set of gaming headphones. The other plus here is that headphones can help block out outside noises that may cause you to stray focus from your game.
5) An Ergonomic Setup
If you regularly participate in marathon-long gaming sessions, getting an ergonomic setup is a must. The last thing you want when you’re moments away from making that critical shot is a hand cramp or back pain because your chair isn’t conducive to your gaming session. Here are some features to consider when enhancing your ergonomic setup:
- Gaming chair: A gaming chair makes for an excellent addition to your gaming setup because it provides physical support and positions you in the optimal situation to play your best session.
- Gaming keyboard: Though they might be old-school, gamers generally prefer mechanical keyboards because they’re more tactile and more accurate than membrane keyboards. Plus, they can be programmed to reflect custom keys that gamers use more frequently in order to enhance the ergonomics.
- Gaming desk: In the same way a gaming chair is essential to a long gaming session, so is a computer desk. With compartments to store everything you need, you can focus on your high score for longer than ever before.
See these reviews from Hotrate for the best one to choose.
Ready to revitalize your gaming setup? Use these tips and you’ll be well on your way to crushing the competition.