The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Won’t Launch [Fixed]
If you cannot launch the The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition, try these fixes 🎯
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition won’t launch on your PC if there is something wrong either in the game installation or your PC. But, taking proper steps will solve this problem easily.
This action-adventure RPG is an excellent newcomer in the industry. You can expect the smoothest possible experience from this title. But problems like The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition crashing or won’t launch is enough to spoil your emotion. This article will talk about its launching problem and solution.
Why The Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Edition is not launching on my PC?
If you cannot run this game on your computer, you must dig deeper to find out the reasons. In most cases, you will end up getting any of the following reasons:
- System requirements: The first condition to successfully run a game is to comply with the system requirements. Games like The Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Edition will not launch if your PC lacks it.
- Missing or corrupted game components: Every game on Windows use some libraries and components which need to be pre-installed. Some games automatically install them during the installation process. If any of these are missing or corrupted, you will experience game-launching problems.
- Problematic GPU driver: Graphics card driver is the key to supporting all of the graphics-related operations. If it gets corrupted or buggy, or it is outdated, you may face problems.
- Problematic game files: If the game installation gets corrupted, you will also face this type of issue.
How can you fix The Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Edition won’t launch?
First, you should do these quick things before getting started:
- Check if your PC meets The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition’s system requirements.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall to see if it helps.
- Complete any pending restart.
Now, you can follow these solutions to get rid of the launching issues with this game:
- Update graphics card driver
- Run as an administrator
- Disable unnecessary background services
- Verify the integrity of the game files
- Run in clean boot
- Re-install the game
1. Update graphics card driver
- Open the Start Menu, type Device Manager, and hit Enter.
- Expand Display adapters by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on the display driver, and choose Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and finish the update.
To update the GPU driver, DriverFix is the best option. This tool has a significantly more extensive database than the built-in device manager, giving you more scope to detect and update outdated drivers. Moreover, it can find and install the update with just a single click.
2. Run as an administrator
- Go to The Outer Worlds SCE installation folder.
- Right-click its EXE file, and click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and OK.
For some users, the game may not run in a normal way. So, to fix The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition won’t launch or other similar problems, you can configure it to run as an admin.
3. Disable unnecessary background services
- Press CTRL + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Ensure that you are on the Processes tab.
- Select the processes you want to close and then click on the End Task.
- Disable every other unnecessary process.
4. Verify the integrity of the game files
- Open Steam.
- Go to your game library.
- Right-click on The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition, and click on Properties.
- Go to the Local Files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
This process may take a while to finish. After that, you can try to run the game. It will solve the launching problem. If not, follow the next methods.
5. Run in clean boot
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type msconfig, and click on OK.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Tick the box next to Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows.
If a clean boot doesn’t solve your problem, it means no third-party service is responsible. You should undo the changes to boot into normal mode.
6. Re-install the game
Time needed: 30 minutes.
If no other methods work, download and install the game from an official source to solve the launching problem.
After re-installing, try to run The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition and see if it still has the launching problem or not.
You also can consider doing these things if the problem still persists:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Install the game on an SSD.
- Update all of the drivers on your PC.
If necessary, learn how to solve crashing problems with any game.
This article has shown how you can fix The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition won’t launch. Let us know in the comment box if you have any better suggestions.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.