The Outlast Trials F0C6 Error: An Easy Way To Fix
Are you experiencing an F0C6 error in The Outlast Trials? Check our guide to fix it quickly. 😎
Red Barrels The Outlast series is one of the fiercest horrors in video games. The first part was unique because it practically appeared out of nowhere, and you had to play it with the lights on. On the success of the first part, the DLC Whistleblower was created. The second part did not surpass the original but was also very creepy. The Outlast Trials is the chronological predecessor of these two games. Since The Outlast Trials is still in its early access stage, there is a possibility that you may experience stability issues while playing. The game developers are working on making it more stable in the future, but for now, if you encounter The Outlast Trials F0C6 error code, there’s no need to worry. We’re here to help you resolve the issue.
Why do I get an F0C6 error in The Outlast Trials?
If you encounter the F0C5 error code in The Outlast Trials, it’s likely due to a connectivity issue with the game server or a problem with your internet connection. Outdated game versions, lack of admin rights to run the game, networking glitches, outdated networking drivers, or Windows Firewall can also cause this error code.
How do I fix The Outlast Trials F0C6 error?
Before attempting anything more complex, we suggest starting with these simpler steps:
- Check Red Barrels’ service status. If the service is down, wait for it to be operational again.
- Restart the game launcher or your PC to fix any temporary issues.
- Power cycle your network devices.
- Verify and repair game files.
If you still get an F0C6 error, do the following:
1. Update network driver
Sometimes F0C6 error code in The Outlast Trials may indicate that you are using an outdated network driver. Update your network driver as follows:
1. Right-click Windows Start and select Device Manager.
2. Double-click the Network adapters and right-click on your network card to select Update driver.
3. Click on the Search automatically for drivers.
4. Follow the on-screen guide to search for, download, and install a new network driver.
ℹ️ For a simpler method of updating your system’s drivers, we suggest utilizing Outbyte Driver Updater. This dependable tool guarantees that your hardware is equipped with the most recent and genuine drivers, freeing up precious time that would otherwise be spent on manual updates.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Change the DNS server
Sometimes, the DNS given by your ISP may not be suitable for your requirements. But you can address this issue by modifying the DNS settings and using Google Public DNS addresses, which can help resolve connectivity issues. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Press Win+R on the keyboard to show the Run dialog.
2. Type: “ncpa.cpl” in the box and press Enter to open Network Connections.
3. Select the network adapter you are connecting to your local network, right-click, and select Properties.
4. Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties button.
5. Under the General tab, confirm the radio button: Use the following DNS server addresses:
6. For Preferred DNS server input 18.104.22.168 and for Alternate DNS server input 22.214.171.124.
7. Confirm changes, and try to launch The Outlast Trials to check if the issue is gone.
3. Update the game
Time needed: 5 minutes
We strongly recommend checking if a new update is available to fix observed bugs and improve game stability and performance.
- Open Steam launcher
Select the game from your game library. Right-click and select Properties.
- Select Updates
Select UPDATES from the left pane and then choose High Priority for Automatic Updates.
- Exit Steam launcher
Relaunch Steam. It will automatically check for a new The Outlast trials update (if any) and install it.
If, after all the steps, the F0C6 error is still present in The Outlast Trials, consider these options:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Reset your network (type network reset in the Search bar, click on Network Reset in the search result and click on the Network Reset button).
- Launch the game from the installation folder ( Right-click on the TOTClient.exe>Properties >Compatibility. Tick checkbox – Run this program as an administrator)
- Temporarily disable Windows firewall or antivirus.
- Disable VPN or Proxy Servers.
- Perform clean boot.
If you encounter the F0C6 error code in The Outlast Trials, it’s likely caused by problems with the game server or your network. Also, keep your Windows OS and game updated with the latest network driver to prevent this issue. If you have further questions or need suggestions, feel free to comment below.