There is no doubt that virtual reality is the foundation of the future gaming industry. Now, let’s discover all you have to know about that.
Gaming studios are seeing a shift in the gaming industry towards virtual reality platforms, mainly fueled by users spending more money on games due to the pandemic.
However, there are some exciting scenarios that are bringing Virtual Reality to the light of the future gaming industry. Now, let’s discover them!
What is the future of VR in the gaming industry?
1. Improved hardware
VR is making gains also because of the improved hardware and software. The release of Valve’s “Half-Life: Alyx,” a AAA game developed specifically for virtual reality, coupled with more affordable headsets helped bolster the VR market, according to a recent market analysis.
In terms of hardware, one of the best-selling virtual reality headsets is PlayStation VR.
It would be interesting to see what Sony will do with PlayStation VR 3. However, some rumors suggest that this device will probably not be released until 2030.
The PSVR was originally introduced in 2016, just under three years after the PS4’s debut, and the PSVR 2 will be available about two years after the PS5. PlayStation VR 3 won’t be available until 2030, or eight more years from now, if Sony continues on this current path.
2. Enhanced Immersion
The goal of game designers will remain to create VR experiences more immersive. In this case, we have to consider the growth changes in motion tracking, haptic feedback, and graphic and audio design.
The advancement of full-body tracking technologies and more complex haptic feedback systems may result in a mesmerizing Virtual Reality experience for users, so we all are pretty excited for the VR future in the gaming industry.
3. Expanded Game Library
As Virtual Reality technologies develop, we expect that the game selection will considerably expand.
Thus, it is likely that a massive diversity of genres and experiences will arise, thanks to the game makers’ investments in VR.
4. Integration with Augmented Reality (AR)
A mixed-reality gaming experience might be offered through the convergence of VR and AR technology.
Thanks to this linking, users could be able to switch between augmented and virtual environments with ease. This would increase the potential for immersive gaming.
5. Cross-platform compatibility
Cross-platform interoperability for VR gaming may be strongly improved. Incorporating multiple VR headsets would allow users to play together, fostering a more diverse and cohesive VR gaming community.
Is the VR gaming industry growing?
According to Fortune Business Insights, the global market for virtual reality gaming is anticipated to increase from $7.92 billion in 2021 to $53.44 billion in 2028, with a CAGR (Compound annual growth rate) of 31.4% throughout the forecast period.
What are the challenges and disadvantages of Virtual Reality?
Even if VR has intriguing potential in the gaming industry, you should be aware of its most important challenges and downsides, as follows:
- Cost: The price of VR is one of its main problems. Being pretty new in the game, it is still a pretty expensive technology. You’ll probably need to spend a bit more on accessories like VR headsets, gaming consoles, or high-end computers that can support VR capabilities.
- Motion Sickness: VR users frequently experience motion sickness and discomfort. Especially in people who are prone to motion sickness, the disparity between the visual cues in VR and the user’s actual movement can result in nausea, dizziness, and other unpleasant symptoms. Although improvements have been made to lessen these problems, some users still find it difficult.
- Tethering and Limited Movement: Most VR systems entail tethering users to a computer or game console, which limits their movement
We hope that our today’s guide helped you to understand best how virtual reality is becoming the future of the gaming industry.
In case of encountering any related questions or curiosities, feel free to leave a comment in the section below. We’ll come back to you as soon as possible.