Six Days in Fallujah Won’t Launch: How to Force It
Is the game just sitting in your library, unable to launch? Well, we know how it feels, so we decided to help you! 🤝
Six Days in Fallujah won’t launch on your PC, and you have no idea how to fix it? The good news is that you are in the correct place, as we have already investigated the issue and found the best methods to make Six Days in Fallujah launch like it is supposed to!
If the game does launch, but nothing else happens, learn what to do when Six Days in Fallujah gets stuck on the loading screen.
Why won’t Six Days in Fallujah launch?
Six Days in Fallujah won’t launch due to corrupted game files, lack of hardware or system requirements of your PC, outdated DirectX version, problems with the Windows Firewall, an outdated GPU driver, missing Visual C++ dependencies, or corrupted Steam cache files.
How to fix Six Days in Fallujah won’t launch?
Apply these quick fixes and checks to fix Six Days in Fallujah launching issues quickly:
- Check the system requirements: Your PC must meet at least the minimum requirements to launch and run the game properly if it doesn’t upgrade the components.
- Verify game files: Six Days in Fallujah comes on Steam, which has an excellent system for game file verification, so you can do that instead of reinstalling the game.
- Install DirectX 12: DirectX is developed by Windows to allow games to use your video and audio hardware to work directly with the game. Six Days in Fallujah requires DirectX 12.
Below you can find step-by-step solutions for fixing launching problems in Six Days in Fallujah.
- Allow the game through the Firewall
- Update the GPU driver
- Install Visual C++ dependencies
- Clear Steam cache files
1. Allow the game through the Firewall
Time needed: 5 minutes
Here are the steps to add Six Days in Fallujah as a Windows Firewall exception.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Windows Defender Firewall, and open it.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and Allow Another App.
- Select Browse, and navigate to the Six Days in Fallujah installation folder.
- Click on the Six Days in Fallujah executable file (.exe) and select Open.
- Check the checkbox in columns Private and Public in the Six Days in Fallujah row and hit OK.
2. Update the GPU driver
Outdated GPU drivers will cause Six Days in Fallujah launching issues, so use Device Manager to update it.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on your GPU and select the Update driver option.
- Select Search for drivers automatically.
- Install the driver update.
- Restart your PC.
Outbyte Driver Updater enables you to update the GPU driver automatically. The tool scans and monitors all the drivers on your PC and begins the update whenever necessary!
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
3. Install Visual C++ dependencies
These dependencies are necessary for the game to function on Windows. If they are not installed or are outdated, you must install Visual C++ manually.
- Open the official page for the Visual C++ Redist Packages download.
- Click on the Link to download vc_redist suitable for your operating system architecture.
➡ X86 is for 32-bit systems.
➡ X64 is for 64-bit systems.
- Run the installation package.
- Restart your PC.
4. Clear Steam cache files
Steam stores specific files locally, so you must clear them manually if they get corrupted or not saved.
- Open File Explorer using the Windows Key + E shortcut.
- Paste the path to the Steam directory and hit Enter.
The default one is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- Right-click on the appcache folder and select Copy.
- Navigate to Desktop using Windows Key + D.
- Create a backup of the appcache folder using the CTRL + V shortcut.
- Return to the Steam directory, right-click on the appcache folder, and select Delete.
- Restart your PC.
If you still can’t launch Six Days in Fallujah, try to:
- 🛡 Temporarily disable antivirus: Like the Windows Firewall, the antivirus can detect Six Days in Fallujah as a threat. If the game launches when the antivirus is disabled, whitelist and re-enable it.
- 💻 Use the native resolution: Ensure your PC and the game use the native resolution of your display.
- 🔁 Reinstall Six Days in Fallujah: If nothing else resolves the issue, and Six Days in Fallujah still won’t launch, it’s time to uninstall the game, restart your PC and perform a clean installation.
- Six Days in Fallujah Crashing: How to Prevent It
- Six Days in Fallujah Low FPS: Boost Performance Quickly
- Six Days in Fallujah Stuck on Loading Screen [Solved]
Six Days in Fallujah won’t launch a sign of various problems on your PC and the game itself. Hopefully, we brought you a few steps closer to resolving the issue, so don’t forget to comment with the feedback on how it went.