The Expanse: A Telltale Series Won’t Launch [Resolved]
You will miss the exciting new gameplay if you cannot run The Expanse: A Telltale Series on your PC. To fix this issue, we suggest you go through the methods featured in this post 👇
After installing The Expanse: A Telltale Series on your PC, you may notice that it won’t launch, no matter what. In this case, don’t get panicked. You can easily solve this problem.
This new game has many exciting things. Maybe you can’t wait to explore the exciting gameplay featuring a different world and space. However, The Expanse A Telltale Series not launching problem can cause a lot of headaches if you don’t take the appropriate actions.
If you are interested, learn the methods to fix crashing issues on The Expanse A Telltale Series.
What is preventing The Expanse A Telltale Series from launching on my PC?
The Expanse: A Telltale Series may not open or run on your Windows 11 or 10 computer if any of these reasons exist:
- System requirements: In case you have a PC with lower specifications, it may not meet the system requirements of this title properly. It may be why A Telltale Series is not launching.
- Third-party apps: Some third-party apps, including your antivirus and firewall, can interfere and prevent this game from running.
- Problematic drivers: The Expanse: A Telltale Series won’t launch if the drivers on your PC, notably the one related to your GPU, are corrupted or problematic.
- Problematic game components: Problems with the game installation files, related cached files, etc., can also trigger this problem.
Else, incorrect settings and configuration also can play a big role in creating this type of issue.
How can I fix The Expanse: A Telltale Series won’t launch?
Before taking any major steps, check the system requirements for The Expanse: A Telltale Series and make sure that your PC is fully capable. Then, quickly try these things:
- Disable the antivirus and firewall programs temporarily.
- Run the game as an administrator to see if it helps.
- Update DirectX runtime.
- Repair the game files and see if it works.
If these quick steps don’t work, try the following methods one by one to fix The Expanse A Telltale Series not launching problem:
1. Update the drivers
- Right-click on the Start button and then click on Device Manager.
- Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics driver and then click on the Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Complete the additional steps to finish the process.
- In the same way, update all other drivers and restart your PC.
We suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater to install the latest updates for all of your drivers. Updating multiple items will take a lot of time using the device manager. In this case, this third-party tool will help. In addition, it’s more powerful and capable.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Enable high-performance mode
If you are still unable to run A Telltale Series on your PC, enable high-performance mode by following these steps:
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the System and then tap on Power.
- Set the Power mode to Best Performance.
- Now, go to System and then click on Display.
- Go to the Graphics.
- Then select The Expanse: A Telltale Series from the list and click on Options.
- Tick High Performance and click on Save.
- Relaunch the game.
3. Clear web cache
Time needed: 2 minutes
To fix The Expanse: A Telltale Series not launching problem, you can clear the client’s cache files. It’s a very effective method to resolve this issue.
Now, try to launch A Telltale Series and see what happens.
4. Install Visual C++ packages
- Visit the Visual C++ package download page.
- Download the item for the appropriate architecture.
- Install it on your PC.
- Restart Windows.
It may fix the problem. However, we also suggest you perform a clean boot and see if it helps.
For more suggestions, check out this guide on how to fix games not launching on Epic Games Launcher.
The above methods should fix The Expanse: A Telltale Series won’t launch. However, if the problem still persists, we suggest you update Windows to the latest version. Also, consider re-installing the game and updating the Epic Games Launcher. Have you any other helpful methods? Feel free to let us know in the comment box.