The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria Won’t Launch Fixes
Find out everything you need to know to deal with the Lord of the Rings return to Moria won't launch issue. Below, you will discover the solutions that worked for me.
I’ve always been captivated by the epic tales of Middle Earth, so when I got my hands on this title, I was ecstatic. The promises of exploring the deep, mysterious mines and reliving the fantastical adventures had me hooked. However, my excitement quickly turned to frustration because the Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria won’t launch, no matter what I did. If this sounds all too familiar, know that I have tried various fixes, and the ones below worked best and were the most efficient.
🧐 Interesting fact
Did you know that video games based on popular franchises can sometimes face additional scrutiny and expectations from fans? This can put pressure on developers to deliver a seamless experience, but sometimes, technical issues still slip through.
Why The Lord of the Rings Return to Moria won’t launch?
The main reasons why the Lord of the Rings return to Moria won’t launch are outdated graphics drivers and system processes and services. However, while trying to fix the problem, I found some other culprits, too, and I decided to list them below.
- Outdated Game or System Software: Just like ancient spells that need the right incantations, games need the latest updates to function properly. My game was acting like a closed gate until I ensured every piece of software was up to date.
- Administrative Access: Some ancient artifacts in the game might require special permissions to be accessed. Running the game with administrative privileges was like having the key to open hidden doors.
- Corrupted Game Files: A single corrupted rune can bring down the mightiest of dwarven structures. I made sure all game files were in perfect condition, verifying and repairing any that were out of place.
- Overloaded System Resources: Just as a crowded mine can lead to chaos, a computer overrun with background applications can prevent a game from launching. I cleared the way by closing unnecessary programs.
- Insufficient System Resources: Sometimes, even the mightiest dwarven halls can crumble if they’re not supported properly. I made sure my system met the game’s requirements to keep the halls of Moria standing strong.
- Drive Issues: Just as the dwarves of Moria faced challenges with their mines, sometimes a specific drive on a computer can cause issues. I tried installing the game on a different drive, looking for more stable ground.
How to fix the Lord of the Rings Return to Moria Won’t Launch error?
To fix the Lord of the Rings Return to Moria won’t launch error, make sure that everything is updated on your device, from drivers to system services and processes. Afterward, check if you meet the system requirements. If you do, start trying the solutions below.
- Update The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria
- Run the Game as an Administrator
- Verify Game Files
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Run the Game in a Clean Boot Environment
- Close Unnecessary Services and Applications
- Upgrade Your Graphics Card
- Increase System RAM
- Install the Game on an SSD
- Keep Your System Cool
1. Update the Game
Regularly keeping the game client and system software up-to-date is crucial to ensure compatibility and fix potential bugs that may hinder the game’s launch.
- Launch the game platform.
- Find The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria in your game library.
- Check for game updates and install if any are available.
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Elevating the game’s permissions by running it with administrator rights grants it access to essential system files and services, often resolving launch-related restrictions.
- Find the game’s executable file on your computer.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
You can make it a permanent feature by tweaking the compatibility settings.
- Go to the properties of the .exe file.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the Run as administrator option.
- Restart your device.
Additionally, you can use the compatibility mode or disable Fullscreen optimizations as a tweak to deal with the The Lord of the Rings return to Moria not launching issue.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
Maintaining the latest graphics drivers is essential, as they optimize performance and stability, particularly during the game’s startup.
- Press Win+X and select Device Manager.
- Navigate to Display Adapters, right-click on your graphics card, and select Update driver.
- Follow the prompts to search for and install any available updates.
4. Verify Game Files
Checking and rectifying corrupted game files through the game library’s local file verification process can clear up inconsistencies that might disrupt a smooth launch.
- In the game platform, navigate to The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria.
- Right-click and go to Properties, then select the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
5. Run a Clean Boot
Launching the game in a clean boot state minimizes background processes, reducing potential conflicts that could affect its initialization.
- Type msconfig in the Windows search bar and select System Configuration.
- On the General tab, select Selective startup and clear the Load startup items checkbox.
- On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
- Click OK, and then restart your computer.
6. Close Unnecessary Services and Applications
Closing unnecessary background applications frees up system resources, ensuring the game has the processing power required for a successful launch.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and end any unnecessary processes.
7. Upgrade Your Graphics Card
Enhancing your GPU can drastically improve the game’s launch performance, as it plays a pivotal role in rendering graphics efficiently.
- Research and find a compatible graphics card for your system.
- Purchase the graphics card and carefully install it following the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Increase System RAM
Expanding your system’s RAM capacity provides more memory resources for the game to load and execute processes, minimizing launch-related bottlenecks.
- Check your system’s maximum RAM capacity.
- Purchase compatible RAM sticks and install them into your system.
9. Install the Game on an SSD
Loading the game from a Solid State Drive (SSD) instead of a traditional Hard Disk Drive (HDD) significantly reduces launch times and in-game loading, enhancing overall performance.
- Identify a compatible SSD for your system.
- Install the SSD, then reinstall The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria onto the new drive.
10. Keep Your System Cool
Ensuring efficient cooling mechanisms, like proper ventilation and cooling solutions, prevents overheating, which can lead to launch issues caused by hardware stress.
- Clean the inside of your computer to remove dust.
- Consider adding more or better cooling fans, or look into liquid cooling options.
The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria Tips and Tricks
- Update Your DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables: Sometimes, the ancient scripts need updating. Make sure you have the latest versions installed.
- Check for Windows Updates: Like ensuring all the halls are secure, keep your operating system up to date.
- Reinstall the Game: When all else fails, sometimes starting anew is the best option. Uninstall the game, and then reinstall it to start fresh.
Finding my way through the dark tunnels of troubleshooting, I was finally able to stand triumphant in the halls of Moria, the game running smoothly. Whether it’s updating drivers, verifying game files, or upgrading hardware, these solutions have been the light in my dark journey. Happy adventuring, fellow explorers of Middle Earth! 🏔️🧝