Thronefall Crashing: Best Troubleshooting Guide to Fix It
Having crashing issues on Thronefall? To get back this game on track, follow the tips featured in this article 😎
Is the minimalist strategy tower defense game Thronefall crashing on your PC? If yes, it must be a very unpleasant matter. This article will tell you how you can fix this problem.
For the fans of the strategy tower defense city builder game that features medieval-style architecture and isometric graphics, the new title, Thronefall, is surely a great choice. It should run on any modern PC well for being minimal in terms of system requirements. However, this item may crash with or without showing particular error codes for some internal glitches.
Why is Thronefall crashing on my PC?
Usually, the following things are the most common reasons behind crashing problems in this game:
- Missing or corrupted library files: If any of the required game components are missing or corrupted, Thronefall may keep crashing on Windows 11 or 10.
- Problematic game files: Sometimes, the installation folder’s required files may get altered, deleted, or corrupted. It’s one of the most common reasons behind crashing issues on a game like Thronefall.
- Third-party apps: Any security programs, game boosters, and other similar types of apps can also make this fantasy game crash.
- Driver issues: GPU driver problem can also be why this item is stopping working on your computer.
You may find other reasons if you dig deeper. However, the solutions mentioned in the next part will help to solve the crashing issues on Thronefall in any situation.
How do I fix Thronefall crashing?
Before you take the main methods, ensure the system requirements of Thronefall are compatible with your PC’s specifications. Afterward, do the following preparatory things:
- Disable your antivirus and firewall and observe if it solves the crashing issue.
- Enable the game and high-performance mode from Windows Settings.
- Update DirectX runtime.
After completing the preliminary steps, attempt the following solutions to resolve the problem you are encountering:
- Update GPU driver
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Disable in-game overlay
- Install the missing Visual C++ packages
1. Update GPU driver
Time needed: 4 minutes
If you want to prevent Thronefall from crashing on your PC, the first and most effective step is updating the graphics card driver.
You should use Outbyte Driver Updater to update the graphics driver on Windows 11 or 10. This tool has a large database that ensures you always receive the best compatible recent version of drivers for the display adapter. As a result, you will notice better gaming performance.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Disable fullscreen optimization
- Open the Steam.
- Click on Library and go to Home.
- Right-click on Thronefall and then click on Browse local files.
- Then, right-click on the EXE file of this game and click on Properties.
- Check Disabled fullscreen optimization.
- Click on Apply and OK.
3. Disable in-game overlay
The overlay feature may be helpful. But, sometimes, it may trigger crashing problems. So, to solve such issues, disable it by following these steps:
- Open Steam like before.
- Go to the Steam Settings, as shown below.
- Navigate to the In-game tab.
- Untick Enable the Steam overlay while in-game and then click on OK.
If you have GeForce Experience, disable the overlay feature from there too. Then, relaunch Thronefall and see whether it still keeps crashing or not.
4. Install the missing Visual C++ packages
- Visit the Visual C++ package download page.
- Download the library.
- Install it.
- Restart your PC.
Now, you can verify if the crashing problem on Thronefall still exists or not.
Are you still experiencing the same problem? Maybe, you should try these solutions as well:
- Repair the game files to ensure their integrity.
- Run Thronefall in clean boot to see if it helps.
- Re-install the graphics driver.
- Re-install the game to a different drive.
For further tips, we suggest checking out this guide on how to stop games from crashing on a PC.
By following the above solutions, anyone can easily fix the Thronefall crashing issues. But, to avoid re-encountering such problems, keep the related components up to date. Write in the comment box if you have any questions.