Wayfinder Low FPS: Fix It and Boost Your Performance
To enjoy Wayfinder, you don't expect low FPS from this title, so read our guide to fix this issue. ✅
Wayfinder is a fast-paced RPG with MMO influences, featuring a captivating story and deeply realized characters with dynamic customization. However, if you’re playing Wayfinder, you may experience low FPS leading to lags, stutters, and skipping during gameplay. We’ve compiled this guide to help you resolve Wayfinder’s low FPS effectively and swiftly.
Why do I have a low FPS in Wayfinder?
There are multiple reasons that might cause you to have low fps in Wayfinder, such as:
- Recommended system requirements are not met
- Outdated graphics driver
- Corrupted game files
- Wrong Power Plan
- Demanding in-game graphics settings
- Unnecessary apps running in the background
- A firewall or antivirus interferes with the game
How do I fix low FPS in Wayfinder?
To fix the low FPS issue in Wayfinder, before attempting our advanced tips, begin with these simpler steps:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements. Note that the game is quite demanding for an average PC, so you might need to upgrade your hardware.
- Restart the Steam client or your PC to eliminate any temporary glitches with long-running processes or apps.
Now, if you are still experiencing low FPS in Wayfinder, try these tips:
- Update GPU driver
- Boost system performance
- Turn off VSync
- Enable Game Mode
- Optimize in-game graphics settings
1. Update GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
To increase FPS in Wayfinder, updating the GPU driver
is the most effective solution for any performance issues in the game.
- Open Device Manager
Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Display adapters
Right-click on the GPU and select Update driver.
- Search for drivers
Follow the on-screen guide to finish the update process.
- Reboot your PC
Check if the low FPS issue is gone.
Alternatively, you can improve your gaming performance using Outbyte Driver Updater to update your GPU driver. This tool can easily install a genuine driver for your system, making visible improvements while gaming. Additionally, it can automatically update all system drivers with just a single click.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Boost system performance
If you want to enhance your gaming experience, switching your Power Options to High-Performance mode can significantly boost your Wayfinder FPS, especially during intense gameplay.
1. Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Power Options.
2. Under the Power section, choose Best Performance.
3. To adjust GPU performance, navigate to System>Display>Graphics.
4. Select Wayfinder from the Windows app list and click Options.
5. Tick High performance and Save changes.
6. Reboot your PC.
3. Turn off VSync
Sometimes, enabling VSync can negatively impact Wayfinder performance by limiting FPS. To improve game performance, we recommend disabling VSync.
👉 AMD GPU
1. Right-click on the Desktop and choose AMD Software.
2. Navigate to the Graphics options and search for Wait for Vertical Refresh.
3. Select Always Off.
👉 NVIDIA GPU
1. Right-click on the Desktop and choose NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Navigate to the Manage 3D settings.
3. Click on the Global Settings tab, and search for Vertical sync.
4. Select Off from the drop-down menu and save changes.
4. Enable Game Mode
For a better gaming experience in Wayfinder with a higher FPS, consider activating the Game Mode feature. Disabling the Xbox Game Bar is also recommended, as it may cause stuttering and crashing problems in some games.
1. Right-click on Windows Start and choose Settings.
2. Click on the Gaming menu.
3. Select Xbox Game Bar and toggle off this option.
4. Next, select Captures and toggle off Background Recording.
5. Finally, select Game Mode and toggle ON this option.
5. Optimize in-game graphics settings
If you’re experiencing reduced performance and low FPS while playing Inkbound, the resolution and graphic details of the game may be demanding for your PC. To enhance your gaming experience, we recommend lowering your in-game graphics settings.
✔ Extra steps:
If your Wayfinder still has a low FPS, consider these options:
- Close any unnecessary tasks running in the background.
- Verify and repair game files.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Update the game.
- Temporarily disable Windows firewall and antivirus software.
- Ensure not to use an IGP instead of a discrete graphics card. Disable the integrated graphics card in Device Manager.
- Launch the game with DirectX 11 or 12 in the Steam launch options (Right-click on Wayfinder>Properties>General>Launch Options>-dx11)
- Perform clean boot.
- Disable overlay apps (Steam, Xbox Game Bar, Discord, etc.)
- Reinstall the game in a different folder or disk.
First, check the game’s system requirements and update the GPU driver to avoid low FPS while playing Wayfinder. Then, adjust your Power Plan to High Performance, enable Game Mode, turn off VSync, and lower in-game graphics settings to match hardware capabilities. These tips will help you enjoy a smoother gaming experience without performance issues. If you have additional questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to comment below.