Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Crashing: How to Fix It Quickly
Disable extra virtual display adapter, update the GPU driver if Wo Long Fallen Dynasty keeps crashing 🎯
Is Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing on your PC? If you follow the proper steps, you can easily solve this type of problem. I had this problem some time ago too, and now I encountered it again after installing the newest DLC, Conqueror of Jiangdong. The solutions and fixes below helped me deal with the issue on multiple systems.
Why does the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty keep crashing?
Depending on the situation and the error codes you get, the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty may crash during gameplay or startup due to the following reasons:
- System requirements: You may be able to launch this game even though your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements. But, you will face crashing problems.
- Virtual display adapter: If there is an additional virtual display adapter, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty may try to output to that adapter which may crash the game.
- Problems with the graphics driver: Outdated or problematic graphics card driver is a very common reason behind this type of crashing problem.
- Missing or corrupted game files: If game files become corrupted or there is something wrong, the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty may stop working.
- Issues with the game components: Games require some components to run. If any of them is missing or corrupted, you may face crashing Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is crashing while launching or starting a new game.
- Third-party background services and apps: Some third-party background services and apps may interfere with the game, which can trigger this type of problem.
- A known bug: Else, this problem can be related to the current version of the game. It may be happening for all users.
The users also reported launching issues where the game won’t launch. In addition to that, you can encounter stuck on the loading screen on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty which can lead to crashing.
How can I fix Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty crashing on PC?
Before getting started, we recommend you check the following things:
- Check and verify that your PC meets the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty system requirements.
- Restart your PC.
- Disable your Antivirus or Firewall to see if it helps.
Now, you can follow these methods to fix the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing problem:
- Disable the extra virtual display adapter
- Update the graphics driver
- Run the game as an administrator
- Install/update the game components
- Disable fullscreen optimizations
- Disable problematic background services
- Repair Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
1. Disable the extra virtual display adapter
To fix the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crashing issue, consider disabling the Virtual Display Adapter if you have this option.
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and click on Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapter.
- Right-click on any extra virtual display adapter and click on Disable.
- Restart your PC.
2. Update the graphics driver
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crash issues can be easily fixed by updating your graphics drivers. After all, it is a common method to fix crashing problems.
- Open the Device Manager again and expand Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card, and click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and update the driver.
To update any graphics card driver, we strongly suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater. This tool can detect problematic drivers and update them in a better way. Unlike the device manager, it can update and install all drivers with a single click. Plus, it is more efficient in finding the latest drivers thanks to its more extensive database.
3. Run the game as an administrator
Time needed: 1 minute
Running a game with administrator privileges may be able to resolve a crash since it grants the game access to more system resources. Sometimes, specific game files or components may need administrator-level permissions to function properly; if these permissions are not granted, the game may crash or perform incorrectly.
- Open Steam and go to your game library.
- Right-click on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and go to Browse local files.
- Right-click on the WoLong.exe file and go to its Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Now, you can play the game and see if it has fixed Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing problem or not.
4. Install/update the game components
Some game components, such as Microsoft Visual C++, are required by most games to run. However, they can get corrupted or faulty after various updates, and the best thing to do is to reinstall them cleanly or to repair them by using the install. By doing so, you will also fix the crashing in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong.
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables page.
- Download the 64-bit package.
- Install it on your PC.
- Visit the DirectX download page.
- Download the installer.
- Install it on your PC.
- Restart Windows.
5. Disable fullscreen optimizations
While this option is great for some games and on some systems, it can also interfere with the overall performance. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work as well as it should for this title, and it might be the reason why you experience crashes in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong.
- Go to the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty installation folder.
- Go to the Properties of WoLong.exe file.
- Tick Disabled fullscreen optimization.
- Click on Apply and OK.
6. Disable problematic background services
Unnecessary background applications and services might cause Wo Long: The Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crashing problems because they might either make your system run out of resources or create file conflicts.
- Press CTRL + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab if you are not there by default.
- Select the process you want to close and then click on End Task.
- Disable every other problematic process in this way.
7. Repair Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
Corrupted game files are often the reason why games like Wo Long: The Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong are crashing. Thus, Steam and other launchers are usually having a verify the integrity of game files button which is made to repair and fix them quickly. Follow the steps below to do it.
- Go to your Steam game library again.
- Right-click on Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, and click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for a while until it finishes the process.
Now, try to run the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and see if it is still crashing. If you are using the Xbox app, you will get a similar option to repair.
Additional fixes for the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crashing issues:
- Update your Windows: There are a lot of processes and drivers that are updated by your Windows Updates, and it is recommended to do it once in a while as it could fix Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crashing and other problems too.
- Disable the Conqueror of Jiandong DLC: If the crashing problem started happening after installing the Conqueror of Jiandong DLC on Wu Long, consider uninstalling it for a while until the next update or patch.
- Run the game in compatibility mode: The compatibility mode option is great for improving the overall performance of games. Thus, it could also fix the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong crash problems.
- Update or Repair DirectX: The game is using the DirectX API, and if it gets corrupted or faulty, you might encounter crashing problems. Therefore, a way to fix the problem is to repair it or install it again.
- Perform a Clean Boot: A clean boot is like a repair tool. It allows you to run without any third-party applications while it is troubleshooting your problem.
- Reinstall the Game.
Related Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Conqueror of Jiangdong articles:
You have learned how to solve Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing problems. Hopefully you fixed the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty crashing issue, and you are back to smooth gameplay. Remember, every time you have crashing or performance-related issues, the best thing you can do is to update your graphic drivers and your OS. Additionally, you can repair the game files to ensure that there are no missing or corrupted ones affecting Wo Long. However, if you encountered this problem after getting the Conqueror of Jiangdong DLC, you might need to disable it until another fix is available. Feel free to drop any new solutions and fixes in the comments. We will check them and add them to the list if they work.