WoW Screen Flickering and Tearing: How to Stop It
Flickering problems are usually caused by outdated GPU drivers ✅
One of the most well-known massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) in the world is World of Warcraft or WoW. With millions of daily players, some users are expected to have technical difficulties. The most common problems are screen tearing and WoW screen flickering, and it can be annoying for players, especially when loading screen.
A number of things, including out-of-date graphics drivers, conflicts with other programs, and even problems with the game itself, can lead to screen flickering in World of Warcraft. Because of this, it could be challenging for gamers to identify the issue and come up with a fix. The potential causes of screen flickering in World of Warcraft will be discussed in this article, along with troubleshooting advice for users to follow.
Why is my screen flickering and tearing in World of Warcraft?
In World of Warcraft, screen flickering and tearing can be brought on by a different number of factors, including out-of-date graphics drivers, wrong video settings, and hardware problems.
It is advised to make sure your GPU is running the most recent graphics drivers. You may also try changing the video settings within the game to see if it fixes the problem.
How do I stop WoW from flickering?
To stop WoW from flickering or tearing, as a preliminary check, ensure proper monitor cable connection by checking for loose connections between your CPU and the monitor.
Whether at all possible, test the cable on another computer to determine if the issue also affects that one.
If the connection between your CPU and monitor is fine and you’re still experiencing flickering, let’s dive into the solution:
Table of content:
- Turn off HDR mode (W10 &W11)
- Update your GPU driver
- Rollback your GPU driver
- Turn off GSync
- Switch to DirectX 11
- Drop the screen refresh rate
1. Turn off HDR mode (W10 &W11)
- Search for Setting in the search bar and click on it.
- Select System, then Display.
- Click on HDR.
- Turn off the Play streaming HDR video option.
2. Update your GPU driver
- Search for the Device Manager in the search bar and open it.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click the one you are using, then select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
3. Rollback your GPU driver
If updating your GPU drivers didn’t fix the WoW screen flickering, you should consider rolling back your drivers. Here is how you do it:
- Open the Win+X shortcut menu first, and from the list, select Device Manager.
- Next, open the Display adapters category and click the right mouse button on your graphics driver.
- Select the Properties option from the context menu.
- Go to the Driver tab in the Properties box and select the Roll Back Driver button.
- Then, after following the on-screen directions until they are complete, restart your computer.
4. Turn off GSync
The game’s fluctuation in frame rate is one potential cause of the flickering. G-Sync will activate and try to match the frame rate to the refresh rate when the frame price drops below the refresh rate of the monitor, although this can cause perceptible flickering. In this case, you should consider disabling GSync, here is how you do it:
- Select Nvidia Control Panel from the menu by right-clicking on the desktop.
- Select the + sign next to Display and click on it.
- Select Setup G-SYNC and click on it.
- Uncheck the check mark next to Enable G-SYNC.
5. Switch to DirectX 11
- Open the game, head to System, and click on it.
- Select Advanced, and select DirectX 11 from Graphics API.
- Hit Apply.
6. Drop the screen refresh rate
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Display settings.
- Click on Advanced display.
- Click on Display adapter properties for Display.
- Head to the Monitor tab and drop the screen refresh rate.
- Hit Apply.
We truly hope that one of the solutions above assisted you in fixing the World of Warcraft screen flickering and tearing. If you have any other solutions or suggestions, please drop a comment down below.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.