Larian Forums Account Suspended [Explained]
All of a sudden, Larian decided to suspend your account. Or at least it seems so on the first glimpse! 🕵️♀️
Many gamers were surprised when they saw the Larian Forums account suspended message. Although it seemed unusual, we found a good explanation for this situation. Additionally, we listed the most effective ways to resolve this, so continue reading to understand this problem and what you can do about it.
Why is my account suspended on Larian Forums?
Your account on Larian Forums is suspended due to breaking the Rules of Conduct listed on the forum. However, the situation is slightly different if you get the message below.
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information.
This means the hosting account of Larian is suspended, experiencing technical issues, or you cannot access the forum’s content due to technical problems on your side.
How to fix the Larian Forums account suspended?
If the problem is at the end of Larian Forums, you must wait until they are back online. However, we advise you to apply the following checks and fixes to ensure everything runs smoothly on your end:
- Restart network devices: Ensure your home network is functioning correctly by pressing the restart button on the modem or router and waiting for the restart to complete.
- Disconnect other devices: Check which devices are connected to your network and disconnect them to ensure they are not causing issues.
- Use a wired connection: To get the most out of your internet connection, always connect to the network with an ethernet cable.
Here are some reliable solutions to ensure that the Larian Forums account suspended is not on your end:
1. Use a Google DNS
Time needed: 5 minutes
Your connection to the Larian Forums server is done through numerous DNS servers. To ensure your connection gets adequately routed and you see the latest version of the website, we advise you to use Google DNS.
- Using the Windows Key + R shortcut, open the Run dialog, type control, and hit OK.
- Click on View network status and tasks.
- Click on the Change adapter settings.
- Right-click the internet network you use and select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Enable Use the following DNS server addresses and add:
➡ 126.96.36.199 for the Preferred DNS server
➡ 188.8.131.52 for the Alternate DNS server
- Click OK and restart your PC.
2. Use a gaming browser
If you are using an unreliable browser full of add-ons and extensions, there is a chance it causes networking issues. An excellent way to resolve this is to use a browser dedicated to gamers and gaming-related browsing.
We discovered that OperaGX is the best gaming browser out there. It offers some neat features like CPU, RAM, and Network usage limiters, but most importantly, it is there to ensure a stable connection to the server you are connecting to.
3. Restart network settings
Some network settings are stored on your PC and can cause issues when connecting to Larian Forums. We advise you to use Command Prompt to reset them.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Command Prompt, and open it.
- Paste the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC.
Alternatives to Larian Forums
If you have done everything so far and still get the account suspended message when visiting Larian Forums, check out these alternatives:
- 👾 Visit Larian Studios Discord: The game studio ensures that even if the forums aren’t working, they have a place for gamers to discuss and socialize. You can use a browser or Discord app.
- 📧 Email Larian Support team: This is the way to go if you are not looking for community discussion or a place to socialize with other players and need technical assistance.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 DX11 Vs Vulkan: Decoding The Best Graphics API Choice
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Stuck On Loading Screen [Fixed]
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Low FPS? Here’s How To Fix It Easily!
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Won’t Launch: Get The Best Solutions
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Crashing: The Most Effective Methods To Fix
In conclusion, the Larian Forums account suspended message occurs due to technical issues with the hosting of Larian Studios. There is a chance the problem is on your end, and you must use Google DNS, a more reliable gaming browser like OperaGX, or restart your network settings.
Don’t forget to restart network devices, disconnect other devices from the network, and always use a wired connection. As an alternative to the forum, you can use Larians Studio Discord or send an email to their support team if you are addressing a technical issue.