Star Citizen Error 19004: Best Ways to Fix This Problem
Reset the launcher and log in again if Star Citizen is constantly showing error 19004 🚀
Are you constantly getting Star Citizen error 19004? If yes, don’t worry. You can easily solve this problem.
Star Citizen is a perfect example of a space trading and combat simulation game. The gameplay mechanisms have attracted a lot of gamers. But, if you cannot access the game due to an error code like 19004, you will miss the excitement. Luckily, you can get rid of this issue.
What is the Star Citizen 19004 error code?
The error code 19004 is a common problem that Star Citizen gamers may encounter while signing in. If you face this problem, you won’t be able to play this title in any way unless you take the proper steps.
Usually, this error code is a network-related problem. It may occur due to connection problems, DNS issues, improper settings on the PC, antivirus, Firewall, RSI server problems, etc.
How can I fix the Star Citizen 19004 error code?
First, you must ensure that your PC meets the system requirements of Star Citizen. Then, ensure the following things:
- Make sure that the disk drive where you have installed Star Citizen has enough available free disk space.
- Visit the Star Citizen’s service status page or down detector to determine if the source of the problem is from your end or not.
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
Now, you can follow these effective methods to solve the error code 19004 with Star Citizen:
- Disable Proxy and VPN
- Whitelist Star Citizen in Firewall
- Change DNS
- Reset the RSI Launcher
- Run internet troubleshooter
- Delete Star Citizen’s local profile data
1. Disable Proxy
While the Proxy protects you from cyber attackers and acts as a security shield, it might mistake Star Citizen for a threat, and this might be the reason you encounter the error code 19004.
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet and go to Proxy.
- Toggle off Automatically detect settings.
- Delete any proxy profiles you see.
- Restart your PC.
2. Whitelist Star Citizen in Firewall
The Firewall might be the reason way you encounter the Star Citizen Error Code19004, as it might prevent the game from running properly, so the best option is to either allow the game through it or disable it entirely.
- In the Windows search box, type Windows Security and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Firewall & network protection.
- Go to Allow an app through the Firewall.
- Click on Change settings.
- Check the boxes in the Private and Public columns for Star Citizen and RSI Launcher.
- Save the settings.
- Restart your PC.
Now, launch Star Citizen and see if you still get the error code 19004 or not.
3. Change DNS
The DNS is responsible for allowing apps to load internet resources. By changing it, you can increase your overall internet performance and fix Star Citizen error 19004 in no time.
- Go to the Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the Network & internet and go to Wi-Fi or Ethernet, depending on your connection.
- Click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Select Manual.
- Enable IPv4.
- Set the DNS as 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 and click on Save.
- Restart your PC.
4. Reset the RSI Launcher
Time needed: 3 minutes
Resetting the RSI Launcher is one of the most working solutions to fix Star Citizen error 19004.
5. Run internet troubleshooter
Sometimes running the troubleshooter is the right decision, as it might pinpoint the main internet problem that you are facing and also help you fix it.
- Open the Windows Settings.
- Go to System and then go to Troubleshoot.
- Go to Other troubleshooters.
- Click on Run next to Internet Connections.
- Finish the troubleshooting process.
6. Delete Star Citizen’s local profile data
According to a number of users, deleting the local data of the game can help to solve this error. However, you may lose your game progress if there is something wrong. So, take a backup before following these steps:
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA% and click on OK.
- Find and go to the Star Citizen folder.
- Back up and delete all of the contents.
- Relaunch the game and see if you still get the error or not.
Hopefully, now, you will be able to access and play this game. If not, there may be something wrong.
Extra steps to fix Star Citizen Error 19004:
- Verify and repair the Star Citizen game files from the RSI Launcher.
- Try from a different network or use a VPN to see if it helps.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update the network driver. If necessary, use Outbyte Driver Updater.
- Re-install the game and see if it helps.
Related Star Citizen articles:
- Star Citizen Error Code 50000: How to Fix
- Star Citizen Error Code 50001: How To Fix It
- Star Citizen Lobby Error 60015: Easily Bypass This Problem
- Star Citizen Has Stopped Running Unexpectedly [Solved]
- Star Citizen Won’t Launch Issue: Best Ways to Fix This Problem
This article has explained the methods that can help to get rid of the Star Citizen error 19004. Let us know in the comment box if you have any better suggestions.