Turbo Overkill Won’t Launch: How To Fix It
Fix the Turbo Overkill that won't launch on your PC with any of the fixes discussed in this article. Good luck 😎
Turbo Overkill is one of the best first-person shooter games out there. The game is a masterfully composed symphony of violence. It has a 10/10 rating on Steam, and that speaks more about how enjoyable Turbo Overkill has been for many gamers. However, many are finding it difficult to play the game, as the game won’t launch on their PCs.
If the game won’t launch on your PC and you are looking for how to fix it, then you are on the right page of the internet. This article is written to address the launching problem, and also help players to comprehend the possible causes of the problem while they fix it with the proven solutions discussed herein.
Why won’t Turbo Overkill launch?
If you are running on an outdated graphics driver, Turbo Overkill won’t launch. Also, if the Windows Firewall system recognizes the game or some of its required launching files as threats, the game won’t launch on your PC.
Other factors that could cause the Turbo Overkill won’t launch problems on PC include conflicting system applications or hardware devices, too many background running applications, and not launching the game as an administrator.
How do I fix the Turbo Overkill game that won’t launch?
To fix this launching problem, you must consider implementing all the proven fixes discussed in this article until you have completely resolved the problem. Before we delve further into these fixes, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Run the game as an administrator
- Close unnecessary background running applications
- Disconnect unnecessary peripheral connections
If the game still hasn’t launched, implement the fixes discussed as follows:
- Update Graphics Driver
- Delete Cache Files
- Run the System File Checker
- Disable Windows Defender Firewall
1. Update Graphics Driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
As we stated earlier, the problem may be a result of an outdated graphics driver. Usually, when your graphics driver is out of date, you are bound to encounter several gaming problems. Therefore, to fix the Turbo Overkill that won’t launch, update the PC graphics card driver. Follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Find the Display adapter option on the set of drivers’ list and double-click it to expand your graphics drivers.
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
- Select the “Search automatically for driver” option, then wait for the process to complete.
If it is difficult for you to follow the steps outlined above, you can also use Outbyte Driver Updater to help you search for the required driver that needs to be updated, then download, and install it.
2. Delete Cache Files
The cache files in your game client may be conflicting with some files necessary for starting Turbo Overkill on your PC, therefore the reason the game won’t launch on your PC. Follow the steps below to clear the download cache on Steam:
- Open the Steam game client and click on the Steam menu from the top-right corner of the screen, then select Settings.
- Click on Downloads from the options on the left pane.
- Click on the CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE button.
- Click on OK to confirm the action. After the process is completed, launch the Turbo Overkill game.
3. Run the System File Checker
System file checker helps remove corrupted Windows files and replace them with new ones. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Start menu and type “cmd” in the search box.
- From the search results, right-click on the Command Prompt program and run it as an administrator.
- Type “sfc/scannow” without the quotation marks, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard to start the process.
- After the process is completed, then restart your PC and launch the game.
4. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Also, the Windows firewall may be the reason the game won’t launch, follow the steps below to disable it:
- Open the Control Panel on your PC and navigate to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) for both private and public network settings.
- Click OK to save changes, then restart your PC.
In conclusion, we hope that you are able to fix your Turbo Overkill game that won’t launch on your PC. Remember to keep your graphics driver updated, and if the problem persists, delete the cache files on your Windows PC and your game client. You can also run the SFC scan, to help you fix corrupted system files that may result in the game not launching. Good luck.
Other fixes that you can try out include the following:
- Verify the integrity of the game files
- Perform a clean boot operation
- Install an updated game patch
- Update Windows OS