BG3 Unable To Claim Digital Deluxe Upgrade: Quickly Fix It
BG3 unable to claim digital deluxe upgrade can be disappointing for players, but don't worry as it is an easy fix. Here are various troubleshooting steps✅
Baldur’s Gate 3 has arrived on PC via Steam after an eagerly awaited early access phase. In a gesture of appreciation, Larian Studios is offering a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition for early-access buyers. However, some players have encountered a small problem – BG3 unable to claim digital deluxe upgrade. Don’t worry, this is a solvable issue.
If you’re facing this problem, keep reading. In this article, we’ll explain why this is happening and provide easy solutions for claiming your Baldur’s Gate 3 Digital Deluxe upgrade on PC.
Why Am I Unable To Claim Digital Deluxe Upgrade In BG3?
- Purchase Not Completed: The BG3 digital deluxe upgrade might not have been fully purchased or processed.
- Account Mismatch: There could be a problem between your game account and the platform where you bought the upgrade.
- Platform Restrictions: The digital deluxe upgrade might not be available for your specific gaming platform.
- Game Version Mismatch: Ensure that you are using the correct game version that supports the digital deluxe upgrade.
- Technical Glitch: Technical issues or bugs might be preventing you from claiming the digital deluxe upgrade.
How To Fix BG3 unable to claim digital deluxe upgrade?
To fix Baldur’s Gate 3 unable to claim digital deluxe upgrade issue, try the following solutions:
1. Restart Steam Client
🎮Try restarting Steam to see if you can claim your digital deluxe upgrade. To exit and restart Steam:
- Open the Steam client either by launching the app or clicking its icon on the taskbar (Windows).
- Inside the Steam client, click on the “Steam” option located on the top menu bar.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Exit.”
- Confirm the exit to close Steam completely.
- Address any further on-screen prompts or instructions that may appear.
- Once Steam is fully closed, reopen the Steam application and log in if needed.
🎮Alternatively, you can force steam to close from windows. To do this:
- Open Task Manager by right-clicking the Start menu and choosing Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, navigate to the Processes tab. If you can’t find it, click the More details button at the bottom.
- Identify the Steam or Steam (32-bit) process in the list.
- Right-click the Steam process and select End Task.
- Check the Processes list for any other associated Steam processes that might still be active.
- If you see additional Steam processes running (e.g., Steam Client Service), right-click on them and choose End Task.
- After ensuring all relevant Steam processes are closed, reopen the Steam application using the Start menu.
🎮If you are using a MAC PC:
- Click on the Apple menu icon located in the top menu bar.
- Choose the Force Quit option from the dropdown menu.
- In the Force Quit Applications window, locate and select Steam, then click Force Quit.
- If Steam doesn’t close immediately, wait a few seconds and repeat the process if necessary.
2. Pause the game download and resume
Time needed: 3 minutes
If you started downloading Baldur’s Gate 3 right after getting it, probably the DLC did not refresh in your game library. So, try pausing the download and wait to see any changes. This simple trick can push the DLC into downloading. Finally, check for updates. To see if there are any updates, go to the “Manage My DLC” section. To do this:
- Open your Library in the Steam client.
- Choose the game, and on its Library page, click the gear icon.
- From the menu, select “Properties…”
- In the window that appears, pick “DLC.” Then click on “Manage My DLC.”
- In the DLC installation and management menu, you can see the DLC you have for the game and whether it’s been installed.
💎 Extra Steps:
- Click on the Baldur’s Gate 3 DLC to go to its purchase page and try to reload it. This will update the purchase and hopefully reflect it in the library.
- Just be patient. If there’s an issue, Larian Studio, the developer, will issue an official statement.
- Verify the integrity of the game files
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 119120612: Quick Fixes We’ve Tested
- Baldur’s Gate 3 High CPU Usage: Fix Like A Pro
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Low GPU Usage: How To Fix Easily
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Cheat Engine: How to Use It Properly
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Slow Download Speed: How To Force It
In conclusion, BG3 unable to claim digital deluxe upgrade might arise due to various reasons, such as an incomplete purchase, account mismatch, platform restrictions, game version issues, or technical glitches.
However, there’s no need to worry, the simple and effective solutions listed above aim to help you claim your upgrade hassle-free.
If you find that the issue persists, remember that the game’s developer, Larian Studios, may issue an official statement or update to address the problem. In the meantime, staying patient and following the provided solutions can help you fix the issue in no time. Happy gaming!