For Honor Stuck On Loading Screen: Simple Fixes
For Honor stuck on loading screen is a gamer's worst nightmare. Here's how to fix it ⤵
Is your For Honor stuck on loading screen?
Many players have reported that For Honor won’t open past the loading screen. For some, it loads halfway and then stops, while for others, it reaches a certain percentage and freezes.
If you’re encountering the same issue, it can be frustrating when all you want to do is launch the title and play. While gaming issues are expected with any online game, some problems, like the For Honor stuck on loading screen, ruin the gaming experience.
Luckily, we’ve researched the problem and developed foolproof solutions that may help resolve the issue.
Why For Honor gets stuck on loading screen?
If For Honor gets stuck on loading screen on your PC, it may be caused by the following:
- Temporary bugs and glitches: Your PC or the game may have an internal error that prevents For Honor from loading.
- Outdated drivers: Outdated drivers trigger common gaming issues, including the stuck on loading screen problem.
- Server-related issues: If For Honor servers are experiencing downtimes, outages, or network congestion, the game may fail to load on startup.
- Compatibility issues: If your PC doesn’t meet For Honor system specifications, you’ll likely encounter loading and launching problems.
- Lack of permissions: If For Honor doesn’t have the necessary permissions to run on your PC, it may fail to load.
- Outdated game version: If you’re playing an outdated version of For Honor, it may trigger launch issues.
- Internet accessibility issues: If your internet connection is slow or sluggish, the game may fail to load successfully.
How do I fix For Honor stuck on loading screen?
✅Pre-checks: We recommend implementing the following general quick fixes first before diving into the troubleshooting methods:
- Restart your PC to remove temporary bugs and glitches.
- Confirm your PC meets For Honor system requirements.
- Confirm For Honor servers are up and not scheduled for maintenance.
If For Honor gets stuck on loading screen, try these fixes:
1. Clear temporary files
Games like For Honor store temporary files on your PC that may contain bugs and glitches that trigger loading issues. It’s advisable to clear these temporary files to eliminate bugs and glitches. To do this:
- Press the Win+R keys to open the run box. Type %TEMP% and click OK.
- Select all the files in the folder that opens by pressing CTRL+A and press Delete on your keyboard.
- Empty your recycle bin as well.
- Launch For Honor to see if it loads successfully.
2. Update graphics drivers
Time needed: 2 minutes
If your graphic drivers are outdated, you’ll likely encounter issues loading games. We recommend updating them to solve this. Here’s how to update your graphics drivers:
- Open Device Manager
Right-click the Windows start button and click Device Manager to open.
- Open Display Adapters
Double-click the Display Adapters category to expand the drop-down menu.
- Update driver
Right-click the graphics card driver you want to update and select Update driver.
- Search automatically for drivers.
Choose Search automatically for drivers and let Windows find and install the latest graphics drivers on your PC.
- Load the game
Launch For Honor to see if it loads.
You don't have to update your graphics drivers manually to keep your PC functioning optimally. With Outbyte Driver Updater, you can automatically update your PC drivers, eliminating the hassle and time it takes to update them manually.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
3. Flush DNS
Some users report fixing the For Honor stuck on loading screen issue by flushing DNS. Here’s how to do this:
- Exit the For Honor game.
- Press Win+R to open the run box, type cmd, and click OK.
- Type the following command in the Command Prompt box: ipconfig /flushdns. Press enter on your keyboard.
- Restart your PC to save changes and load For Honor.
➕Other For Honor stuck on loading screen fixes
Additional solutions worth trying to fix the loading screen problem in For Honor include:
- Run the game with administrative privileges to allow it to run correctly.
- Update Windows.
- Update For Honor.
- Perform a clean boot to see if it helps.
- Check your internet connection to ensure it’s stable.
- Uninstall and reinstall For Honor. However, only do this as a last resort if all the other fixes mentioned above don’t work.
- For Honor FPS Drops, Stuttering, and Lag Problems? Fix it Quickly
- For Honor Crashing [On Startup, Mid Game]: How to Fix
- For Honor Won’t Launch: How To Quickly Fix It
The For Honor stuck on loading screen issue has plagued many fans, preventing them from opening and playing the game. If you’re a victim of the same, try clearing temporary files, updating graphics drivers, and flushing DNS to help fix the problem.