Last Train Home Stuck on Loading Screen: Easy Fixes
Make sure that you don't get stuck on the loading screen anymore while playing Last Train Home by following my guidance. In this article, you will find everything you need to fix the issue.
If Last Train Home gets stuck on the loading screen on your device, know that it happened to me too, a few times in fact. I first fixed the problem by just restarting the game. However, afterwards, I started encountering the problem more frequently, until I gave up and started looking for solutions. Fortunately, it isn’t my first time encountering a loading screen-related issue. thus, I knew exactly what to do, and I left everything you need to know to fix the problem below.
Why is Last Train Home stuck on the loading screen?
Last Train Home is stuck on the loading screen, mainly due to outdated drivers or corrupted game files. However, there are many other reasons why the game gets stuck. If you are interested in knowing more about what causes the issue, I will leave below some of the most commonly encountered problems and details about them.
- Issues with Saved Game Data: Corrupted or incompatible saved game data can cause loading screen freezes, especially if the game is trying to load from a saved checkpoint.
- Faulty Game Installation: If the game was not installed correctly, perhaps due to interruptions or disk errors during installation, this could lead to issues with loading.
- Graphics Settings Too High: If the game’s graphics settings are set higher than what your hardware can handle, it can cause the game to freeze on the loading screen.
- Outdated Operating System: An older operating system may lack the necessary updates or features required to run the game efficiently, leading to loading issues.
- Lack of Administrator Rights: Without sufficient permissions, the game may not be able to access necessary files or system resources, leading to a loading screen freeze.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers: Older drivers might struggle with rendering the game’s graphics, leading to prolonged loading times.
- Corrupted Game Files: Missing or corrupted files can prevent the game from loading properly.
- Overloaded System Cache: An overloaded system cache can slow down loading processes.
How to fix the stuck on the loading screen issue in Last Train Home?
To fix the stuck on the loading screen issue in Last Train Home, update your system and drivers, delete previously saved files, and verify the game. Also, check the system requirements of the game, but keep in mind that they are not always set in stone, and multiple devices might run the game smoothly on lower settings. Additionally, I recommend you follow the steps I listed for each solution to avoid any other problems.
🚂Quick Tip: Check to see if your system has enough storage space, as this might lead to various problems, including the stuck on the loading screen issue.
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Verify Game Files
- Clear System Cache
- Update Your Operating System
- Perform a Clean Installation of the Game
- Run a System File Checker (SFC) Scan
- Set Priority in Task Manager
- Clear Temporary Files via Delete Temporary Files
- Allow the Game Through Firewall
- Run as Administrator
- Change Power Options to High Performance
- Close Unnecessary Applications
1. Update Graphics Drivers
When Last Train Home gets stuck on the loading screen, I update my graphics drivers. New drivers can better support the game, often resolving loading issues by ensuring the graphics card communicates effectively with the game.
- Open Device Manager: Press Win + X, select Device Manager.
- Graphics Card: Click on Display adapters, find your graphics card.
- Update: Right-click on the graphics card, choose Update driver, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Restart: After updating, restart your computer.
If this solution leads to performance related issues try to rollback your graphics driver.
2. Verify Game Files
I use the game launcher to verify Last Train Home’s files. This checks if all the game’s files are correct and intact. Broken or missing files can cause loading problems, so this process often fixes such issues by restoring any necessary game files.
- Game Launcher: Open the platform where Last Train Home is installed (like Steam).
- Library: Go to the Library section.
- Game Properties: Right-click Last Train Home, choose Properties.
- Verify Files: Under the Local Files tab, select Verify integrity of game files. Wait for the process to complete.
3. Clear System Cache
I clear the system cache to remove temporary files and data that my computer stores. When this cache gets too full, it can slow down my PC and games. Clearing it helps avoid the stuck on loading screen error in Last Train Home and other games as well.
- Disk Cleanup: Press Windows key, type Disk Cleanup, and open it.
- Choose Drive: Select the C: drive or where the game is installed.
- Select Files: Choose Temporary files and others for cleanup. Click OK, then Delete Files.
4. Update Your Operating System
I update my computer’s operating system regularly. An updated system can improve compatibility and performance with games like Last Train Home, reducing loading screen issues.
- Settings: Open Settings with Win key + I.
- Update Section: Click on Update & Security.
- Install Updates: Click Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC.
5. Perform a Clean Installation of the Game
I uninstall Last Train Home and then reinstall it. This process removes any potential loading issues from the original installation.
- Uninstall: Navigate to Settings and then to the Apps, find Last Train Home, and click Uninstall.
- Reinstall: Open your game launcher (like Steam), find Last Train Home, and reinstall it.
6. Run a System File Checker (SFC) Scan
I use the System File Checker to scan and fix any broken Windows system files. Sometimes, these files can affect games. Fixing them can help Last Train Home get past the infinite loading screen.
- Open Command Prompt: Press the Windows key, type Command Prompt, right-click on it, and select Run as administrator.
- Run SFC Command: In the Command Prompt window, type
sfc /scannowand press Enter.
- Wait for Completion: Let the scan run until it completes. It will repair any corrupt system files.
- Restart Computer: Once the scan finishes, restart your computer.
7. Set Priority in Task Manager
I set Last Train Home as a high-priority task in the Task Manager. This tells my computer to give more resources to the game, which can help it load without getting stuck.
- Open Task Manager: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Find the Game: Start Last Train Home, switch to Task Manager, find the game under the Processes tab.
- Set High Priority: Right-click on the game and hover over Set priority. Choose High.
8. Clear Temporary Files
I delete temporary files on my computer to free up space. These files can slow down my PC over time. Removing them can help games like Last Train Home load correctly.
- Settings App: Press Win + I to open Settings.
- System: Click on System, then Storage.
- Temporary Files: Under the Local Disk section, click on Temporary files.
- Delete Files: Select the files you want to delete and click Remove files.
9. Allow the Game Through Firewall
I make sure the firewall on my computer isn’t blocking the game. Sometimes, the firewall can prevent games from loading properly. Thus, allowing the game through it can prevent Last Train Home from getting stuck on the loading screen.
- Open Firewall Settings: Type firewall in the Windows search bar and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Allow an App Through: Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Change Settings: Click Change settings and find Last Train Home. If it’s not listed, click Allow another app to add it. Ensure it is checked for both private and public networks.
- Apply: Click OK to save changes.
10. Run as Administrator
I run Last Train Home as an administrator to give it full access to system resources and permissions it might need. This often helps the game load correctly.
- Game Shortcut: Right-click on the Last Train Home shortcut on your desktop.
- Properties: Select Properties from the context menu.
- Compatibility Tab: Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Run as Administrator: Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Apply and OK: Click Apply, then OK.
11. Change Power Options to High Performance
I switch my computer’s power setting to High Performance. This mode ensures that my PC is using its full power to run the game, which can fix the stuck on loading screen issue in Last Train Home.
- Control Panel: Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and open it.
- Power Options: Click on Power Options.
- High Performance: Select the High Performance power plan, often found under Show additional plans.
- Apply: The change applies immediately.
12. Close unnecessary processes
I close unnecessary apps running on my computer before playing Last Train Home. This frees up memory and CPU resources, which can help the game load without getting stuck, as the game has more system resources available to it.
- Open Task Manager: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Identify Unnecessary Processes: Look through the list of processes for any applications that aren’t needed while gaming. These could include web browsers, office applications, or any other non-essential software.
- Close Processes: To close an application, right-click on it and choose ‘End Task’. Be careful not to end any critical system processes.
Tips and tricks to avoid getting stuck on the loading screen on Last Train Home
- Tweaking the Graphics Settings: In Last Train Home, adjusting the graphics settings can significantly improve performance. I often tweak settings like texture quality, shadow detail, and anti-aliasing to balance visual quality with smooth gameplay. This approach helps especially when I experience frame rate drops or graphical glitches.
- Disabling Fullscreen Optimizations: Disabling full-screen optimizations in Windows can enhance gaming performance. I do this for Last Train Home because it can lead to a more stable gaming experience, particularly on Windows 10.
- Managing Virus and Threat Protection: I ensure my antivirus, especially Windows Defender, isn’t overly intrusive while gaming. For Last Train Home, I sometimes add the game folder as an exclusion in the antivirus settings. This prevents the antivirus from scanning the game files in real-time, which can occasionally improve load times and overall performance without significantly compromising system security.
These solutions provide a comprehensive approach to addressing the issue of Last Train Home getting stuck on the loading screen. Each step is designed to tackle different potential causes, from system performance to software conflicts. I recommend you follow them accordingly to avoid any unpleasant situations. Also, if you discover any other solutions or fixes, feel free to send them to me.