Destiny 2 Stuck on Loading Screen: How to Fix it Quickly
Destiny 2 Stuck on Loading Screen is usually caused by outdated drivers 👾
- Many gamers encountered Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen issue, and the users are forced to end the game early since it won’t load anymore.
- Always keep your GPU drivers updated to ensure a smooth gaming experience.
- You might need to temporarily disable some security programs since they might prevent this operation from going well.
- If Destiny 2 won’t load, you can also check your router for connection problems.
The potential for Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen is one of the most frustrating associated issues. Users report that the Destiny 2 game just doesn’t start when it is launched and this problem can happen on PCs as well as consoles (like a PS4, PS5, or Xbox series).
Why can’t i load into Destiny 2?
Destiny 2 takes forever to load because of several causes, such as outdated GPU drivers or a computer that doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements. Other reasons may imply programs running in the background, slow internet connection, server issues or game file errors.
To fix this problem, as a preliminary check you have to make sure you have a stable internet connection and that your wi-fi router is working great.
As well as making sure that your internet connection is great, you also must check the minimum system requirements of the game in order to confirm if your PC meets the criteria.
Destiny 2 Minimum Specs:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 3250 3.5 GHz or Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 105 GB available space
If your network connection is fabulous and your PC meets the criteria but you still encounter Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen problem, let’s dive into further solutions.
How do I fix the loading screen in Destiny 2?
Table of contents:
- Run Destiny 2 as administrator
- Update your GPU drivers
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Update Destiny 2
- Close unnecessary background apps
1. Run Destiny 2 as administrator
- Right-click on the Destiny 2 .exe file from the Destiny 2 folder.
- Choose Proprietes.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Ensure to place the checkmark on the Run this program as an administrator and hit Apply.
- Select OK to save changes.
2. Update your GPU drivers ✅
Ensure that your GPU is updated to the most recent version in order to prevent Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen, or even if it keeps crashing.
- Update your GPU drivers manually using Device Manager:
- Search for Device Manager and open the app.
- Double-click on Display adapters, right-click the dedicated one that you are using, then select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- Update your GPU drivers automatically:
You may update your drivers automatically with a specialized third-party program like DriverFix because sometimes updating your GPU driver manually might be a little challenging or time-consuming. Here is how you do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app and it will start scanning.
- Click Update All Drivers Now to fix all errors.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that this requires the Pack version; when you click Update All, you’ll be prompted to upgrade.
3. Verify the integrity of game files
- Open the Steam client, head to Library, and right-click on Destiny 2.
- Choose Proprieties then click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
4. Update Destiny 2
- Open the Steam client, head to Library, and search for Destiny 2.
- Right-click on the game and select Proprietes.
- Go to the Updates tab and select the Always keep this game up-to-date option from the automatic updates menu.
- Once the updates have been installed, restart your PC and launch the game.
5. Close unnecessary background apps
- Open Task Manager (Shift + Ctrl + Esc) and click on the Processes tab.
- Choose a program that you don’t need or is consuming too many resources (CPU), then right-click on it.
- Click the End Task button to terminate the app.
How to fix Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen Xbox one
The majority of the time, a hard reset of your console can resolve any system bugs or game-related cache data problems. Here is how you do it:
- Press the Xbox button in your controller and head to Guide.
- Go to Profile & System and choose Settings.
- Select System and then Console Info.
- Choose Reset and confirm the task if prompted.
- When the console has been reset, log in back into your Xbox account.
- Once back in, install Destiny 2.
How to fix Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen Playstation (PS4/PS5)
To perform a reset on your PlayStation console, you will need to do the following:
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button until the power indicator light turns off.
- Once the console is off, unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
- Leave the power cord unplugged for at least 30 seconds to ensure that the console is fully powered off.
- After the 30 seconds have passed, plug the power cord back into the console and turn it on by pressing the power button.
- Open Destiny 2 and check if it has solved the issue.
Also, do not forget that some players reported different types of errors and bugs in Marionberry Destiny 2. To prevent these errors and glitches, make sure to check our dedicated guide.
You may want to think about using a specialized VPN tool when playing Destiny 2 because this game may encounter problems due to a poor network that is not optimized or access to essential online resources being restricted.
We feel bound to provide you with our honest opinion if you’re unsure of which alternative is deserving of your consideration.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
[…] can also read our guide on how to fix Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen if you’re experiencing the problem as […]