GTA 5 Stuck on Loading Screen: Quick Fix With Easy Steps
Are you stuck on GTA 5 loading screen ? Follow these tricks to get back in the game 🎯
GTA 5, the seventh main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, is undoubtedly as popular as its predecessors. However, players have reported the problem of GTA 5 getting stuck on the loading screen unexpectedly when they start the game or in story mode.
This issue affects all platforms, including PS3, PS4, PS5, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox Series X|S.
If you’re currently experiencing this problem, don’t worry. We have the solution for you. Read on to find out what is causing this problem and how to fix it quickly.
Why is GTA 5 stuck on loading screen?
Why is my GTA 5 stuck on loading story mode?
An endless loading screen can be downright frustrating, especially if you are just trying to play the game. The reasons can be multiple. However, some of the most common culprits of GTA 5 stuck on loading screen include:
- Internet connectivity Issues
- Invalid login credentials
- Outdated graphics card
- Memory-related issues
- Software-related issues
⭐️ Before jumping into the solutions we have curated for you, ensure the following:
- Your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run GTA 5
- Your device is up to date
- Ensure you are using the genuine version of the game
How do I fix GTA 5 stuck on my loading screen?
Time needed: 5 minutes.
If you are still experiencing the GTA 5 not loading issue, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Pause the GTA 5.exe Temporarily
Suspending the game for a few minutes and then resuming will instantly take you to an empty lobby. This might potentially fix the endless loading issue. To do this:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Performance tab and click Open Resource Monitor.
- In Resource Monitor, go to the Network tab, right-click GTAV.exe and select the Suspend Process button in the pop-up window.
- Wait for about 15 seconds, then right-click GTAV.exe and select Resume Process. Click the Resume Process button in the pop-up window.
- Close Resource Monitor and Task Manager.
- Go back to your game and check that the problem has been resolved.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
To ensure that all your games, including GTA V, run smoothly, make sure that your graphics driver is up to date. You can either visit your driver manufacturer’s website or follow the steps below:
- Right-click the Start Menu to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Right-click the name of the dedicated graphics card.
- Select Update driver and choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, it will download and install automatically.
- Once done, reboot your computer to apply the changes.
To update any type of driver, including game-ready drivers, use Drivefix to automate the process. Drivefix is a tool that finds and installs the best driver for your PC. This way, you can focus on playing GTA 5 error-free.
3. Update GTA 5
If you have not updated your game in a while, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam app and go to the Library.
- Click on GTA 5 from the left pane.
- It will automatically search for an available update. If there is one, click on Update.
- Wait for the update to install, which may take some time.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Reboot your PC to apply the changes.
- Try relaunching the game.
4. Verify Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files can also lead to various problems, including GTA 5 not loading. Verify the integrity of the game files either through Steam or Epic games. To do this:
- Turn off GTA 5 and open Steam Library.
- Right-click on GTA 5 and select Properties.
- Click on the “Verify integrity of game files” option.
- Wait for the verification process to complete.
🕹For Epic Games
- Exit GTA 5 and open the Epic Games library.
- Click on the three dots below the GTA 5 game.
- Click on the “Verify” option.
- Wait for the verification process to complete.
Note: Make sure to let the verification process run for a few minutes, and then try launching the game again after restarting your PC.
5. Load GTA 5 into the Story Mode
- Press the ESC key on your keyboard to open the game menu, whether you are in online mode or story mode.
- Switch to the Settings tab, and head over to the left menu.
- Then, select the ‘Save and startup’ option.
- If prompted, disable or turn off the ‘Start page’ option.
- Select the ‘Load into story mode‘ option to start the game in story mode automatically.
You can also manually select Story mode on the home page by pressing ESC to open the menu, clicking Online, and then clicking Start GTA Online. You can then select your preferred session mode.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab and enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all, then click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, go to the Startup tab.
- Click on the particular program that has a higher startup impact and then click on Disable to turn it off from the startup process.
- Repeat step 7 for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
- GTA 5 Keeps Crashing: How to Fix It Permanently
- GTA 5 Stuttering: Quick Ways to Improve Performance
- GTA 5 Not Launching: How to Fix It Quickly
We hope these solutions helped you fix GTA 5 not loading. Leave us a question, comment, or suggestion in the comment section below.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.