Dark and Darker Low FPS: How to Fix It
Instead of exploring dungeons, you are stuck with exploring why the games perform so poorly. We are here to assist you! 🚀
Troubleshooting Dark and Darker low FPS doesn’t have to be complicated. Forget about lousy performance and start enjoying this medieval experience the way you should, with a decent FPS. Take action and follow through with our list of the most suitable methods for boosting FPS in Dark and Darker.
Why do I have Dark and Darker low FPS?
You have Dark and Darker low FPS due to poor system specifications, unnecessary background apps, permission problems, an outdated GPU driver, unsuitable in-game settings, lack of virtual memory, disabled Game Mode, problematic startup services, unsuitable Power Plan, using integrated GPU, or corrupted game files.
How do I increase my FPS in Dark and Darker?
Get started by applying some easy checks and fixes:
- Check the system requirements: Head to the official Dark and Darker website to compare your PC’s specifications to those needed to run the game.
- Close background apps: This way, all available resources will be dedicated to the game.
Proceed with the solutions listed below.
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
An outdated GPU driver won’t support your graphics card in the graphical processing while gaming as it should. To resolve this, use Device Manager to download the latest GPU driver update or a driver updater tool.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on your GPU and select the Update driver option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Install the GPU driver update.
- Restart your PC.
If you are tired of updating drivers manually, we advise you to check out Outbyte Driver Updater. This swift and reliable tool does wonders when scanning, monitoring, and updating drivers.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Tweak in-game settings
Here are the best Dark and Darker video settings to boost FPS!
- Launch Dark and Darker, navigate to the Options and select Video.
- Change the following settings:
▪ Visual Quality ➡ Low
▪ Post Processing Quality ➡ Low
▪ Visual Effects Quality ➡ Low
▪ Render Scale ➡ 100
▪ Screen Resolution ➡ Your native resolution
▪ Screen Brightness ➡ 2.2
💭 Experiment with video settings to get the best mix of performance and visual details!
- Hit Apply to save changes.
3. Increase Windows virtual memory
Provide breathing space for your RAM by allocating more disk space for virtual memory.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type control, and hit OK.
- Click on the dropdown next to View by and select Large icons.
- Click on the search, type Performance, and click on Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Navigate to the Advance tab and hit the Change button under the Virtual Memory section.
- Disable Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select the Custom size button, enter values 2x of your RAM in MB, and hit the Set button.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
If you still struggle with Dark and Darker low FPS, try to:
- 🎮 Enable Game Mode: Click on the Windows icon, type Game Mode, and open it. Enable this feature to get your PC optimized whenever you launch a game.
- 💿 Perform Clean Boot: Follow our guide to discover how to disable unnecessary startup services.
- 🔋 Change the Power Plan: For gamers playing Dark and Darker on a laptop, click on the battery icon in the taskbar and select Best Performance.
- 🖥 Use dedicated GPU: If you have more than one graphics card on your PC, ensure the dedicated one is activated and running instead of the integrated GPU.
- 📂 Verify the integrity of game files: Instead of reinstalling the game, finding and replacing potentially corrupted files is worth trying. If it doesn’t work out, proceed with reinstalling.
- 💼Run the game as administrator: Right-click on the Dark and Darker executable (.exe) file, select Properties, and navigate to Compatibility. Enable Run this program as an administrator and hit OK.
- Dark And Darker Exception_Access_Violation [FIXED]
- Dark And Darker Microsoft Visual C++ Error [Quickly Solved]
- Dark And Darker Won’t Download: How To Fix
- Dark And Darker Black Screen: Most Effective Solutions
- Dark And Darker Error CDO Constructor: What Is & How To Fix
In conclusion, the best way to troubleshoot the Dark and Darker low FPS problem is by checking the system requirements, closing background apps, and running the game as an admin. Proceed by updating the GPU driver, tweaking in-game settings, and increasing virtual memory.
Don’t forget to enable Game Mode and perform a Clean Boot. If gaming on a laptop, switch to the Best Performance plan and always have a dedicated GPU selected. Verify game files to find and replace corrupted ones quickly, but if it doesn’t work out, proceed with reinstalling the game.