Persona 5 Tactica Won’t Launch: How to Make It Work
If you are encountering the same problem that I did and Persona 5 Tactica won't launch on your device, you are in the right place. Here, you will discover everything that has worked for me so far.
I am a big fan of the Persona series and of the Megami Tensei franchise, and I’ve been waiting for this game since I heard of its release. However, I was disappointed after I downloaded the game because Persona 5 Tactica won’t launch on my desktop. However, it worked on my laptop, and this made me think that the problem is not from the game’s codding but from my software or hardware-related issues. Thus, I started testing various solutions and quick fixes.
Why is Persona 5 Tactica not launching?
Persona 5 Tactica is mainly not launching due to out of date graphics drivers, hardware related issues or compatibility problems. However, these are just the main reasons affecting the launch of the game. Recently, I’ve stumbled upon a few other several factors such as:
- Insufficient Hardware Specifications: The failure to launch Persona 5 Tactica might stem from inadequate hardware specifications on the computer. If the system falls short of the minimum requirements set by the game, this could result in performance issues and prevent the game from initiating properly. Upgrading hardware components such as RAM or the graphics card may be necessary to meet the game’s demands.
- Corrupted Game Files: The integrity of the game files plays a critical role in a successful launch. If any game files are corrupted or missing, Persona 5 Tactica may encounter difficulties starting up. Verifying and repairing the game files through the appropriate platform or launcher can be a solution to address this issue.
- Software Conflicts: Persona 5 Tactica’s launch may be impeded by conflicts with other installed software, particularly third-party applications. Such conflicts may arise from competing resource demands, interfering with the smooth initiation of the game. Identifying and resolving conflicts with conflicting software can help in resolving this problem.
- Background Processes: Unnecessary background processes or applications consuming system resources can adversely impact the launch of Persona 5 Tactica. Closing down unnecessary programs or processes using Task Manager may alleviate resource constraints and facilitate a more successful initiation of the game.
How to fix the Persona 5 Tactica not launching issue?
To fix the Persona 5 Tactica not launching issue, make sure that your device meets the system requirements. I often forget to check them, and then I am wondering why games won’t launch on my older devices. Then proceed with the solutions mentioned below; they fixed the Persona 5 Tactica launch issue for me, and they might fix it on your device too.
- Run in Safe Mode
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Run as Administrator
- Compatibility Mode
- Disable Antivirus and Firewall
- Check for Updates
- Reinstall the Software
- Check for Background Processes
- Run System File Checker (SFC)
- Check Event Viewer
- Update Windows
- Check for Conflicting Software
- Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
1. Run in Safe Mode
Launching Persona 5 Tactica in Safe Mode allows me to initiate the game with minimal system processes and drivers. This clean environment helps me identify if third-party applications or drivers are causing conflicts during the game’s startup, potentially resolving issues such as the Persona 5 Tactica Won’t Launch problem.
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Boot tab and check the Safe boot option under Boot options.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode and attempt to launch the software.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
By updating my graphics drivers through the Device Manager, I ensure that my system is equipped with the latest compatibility features and performance enhancements for Persona 5 Tactica. This can address potential conflicts arising from outdated or incompatible graphics drivers, ultimately facilitating a smoother launch of the game.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters category to view your graphics card.
- Right-click on the graphics card and select Update driver.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to search for and install the latest driver updates. Restart your computer after the update is complete.
3. Run as Administrator
Running Persona 5 Tactica as an administrator grants the game elevated privileges, overcoming potential restrictions imposed by User Account Control (UAC). This action can resolve launch issues associated with permissions or restricted access, as the game gains the necessary authorization to execute certain actions during its startup.
- Locate the shortcut or .exe of Persona 5 Tactica.
- Right-click on the shortcut or executable.
- From the context menu, select Run as administrator.
- If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to allow the game to run with administrative privileges.
4. Compatibility Mode
Enabling Compatibility Mode adjusts the software’s settings to mimic an environment similar to a previous Windows version. This can be effective in overcoming compatibility issues between the software and the current operating system. By doing so, I increase the likelihood of a successful launch, particularly if the software was designed for an older Windows version.
- Right-click on Persona 5 Tactica’s shortcut or executable.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose a previous Windows version from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply and then OK.
5. Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Temporarily disabling my antivirus and firewall software allows me to assess if these security measures are inadvertently blocking Persona 5 Tactica’s launch. By doing this, I can identify and rectify any false positives or security restrictions that might be hindering the game from starting correctly.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall software.
- Attempt to launch Persona 5 Tactica.
- If the game launches successfully, add an exception or create a rule in your security software settings.
- Re-enable your antivirus and firewall after troubleshooting.
6. Check for Game Updates
Verifying and installing updates for Persona 5 Tactica ensures that I have the latest patches and improvements. This can address any known bugs or glitches that might be causing launch issues. Keeping the game up to date is crucial for a seamless experience, as developers regularly release updates to enhance performance and compatibility.
- Right click on Persona 5 Tactica in the Library and navigate to Properties.
- Look for an option to check for updates.
- If updates are available, follow the prompts to install them.
- Restart the game and check if the issue is resolved.
7. Reinstall Persona 5 Tactica
Uninstalling and reinstalling Persona 5 Tactica provides a fresh installation, eliminating potential corruption or misconfigurations that may be hindering the launch process. This approach ensures that I have a clean and intact copy of the software, often resolving issues associated with corrupted files or incomplete installations.
- Uninstall Persona 5 Tactica through the Control Panel or Settings.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the latest version of the game.
- Install the game and restart your computer if prompted.
8. Check for Background Processes
Examining background processes in Task Manager helps me identify and terminate any unnecessary applications or processes that might be competing for system resources. Closing down these processes can alleviate potential conflicts and free up resources, allowing Persona 5 Tactica to launch without interference.
- Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and go to the Processes tab.
- Additionally, while you are here, look for any unnecessary applications.
- Right-click on them and select End Task or End Process.
- Attempt to relaunch the the game.
9. Run System File Checker (SFC)
Executing the System File Checker scans and repairs corrupted system files that might be affecting Persona 5 Tactica’s launch. This process verifies the integrity of critical system files, addressing issues that could lead to startup problems. By running SFC, I ensure the overall stability and functionality of my operating system.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
sfc /scannowand press Enter.
- Allow the scan to complete. It may take some time.
- If issues are found, follow the on-screen instructions to repair system files.
10. Check Event Viewer
Analyzing the Event Viewer logs provides insights into system events and potential errors related to Persona 5 Tactica’s launch attempts. Reviewing entries under Application or System helps me pinpoint specific issues or error codes, guiding me towards a more targeted troubleshooting approach.
- Press Win + X and select Event Viewer.
- Navigate to Windows Logs in the left pane.
- Look for entries under Application or System that correspond to the time of Persona 5 Tactica’s launch attempt.
11. Update Windows
Keeping my operating system up to date with the latest Windows updates ensures that I have the necessary system components and improvements. This can address compatibility issues and security vulnerabilities that might affect Persona 5 Tactica’s launch. Regularly updating Windows contributes to a stable and optimized system environment.
- Click on the Start button and select Settings (gear icon).
- Go to Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update in the left pane.
- Check for updates and install any pending updates.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
12. Check for Conflicting Software
Identifying and temporarily uninstalling conflicting software helps me determine if recent installations are interfering with Persona 5 Tactica’s launch. By reviewing the list of installed programs, I can pinpoint any applications that might be causing conflicts and address them accordingly.
- Open the Control Panel or Settings on your computer.
- Navigate to Programs or Programs and Features.
- Review the list of installed programs for recently added software.
- Temporarily uninstall or disable any recently added software.
13. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Repairing or reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages ensures that Persona 5 Tactica has access to the required runtime components. This can resolve launch issues linked to missing or corrupted Visual C++ libraries, providing the necessary dependencies for the game to start successfully.
- Open the Control Panel and go to Programs or Programs and Features.
- Look for entries starting with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Right-click on each entry, select Change or Repair, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Repeat this process for all installed versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
Tips and Tricks to avoid launch-related issues in Persona 5 Tactica
- Save Before Exiting:
- Always save your game progress before exiting Persona 5 Tactica.
- This ensures that your progress is preserved, and potential issues related to saving/loading are minimized.
- Clear Cache and Temporary Files:
- Periodically clear the game cache and temporary files.
- These files may accumulate over time and can contribute to launch issues. Check the game settings or options for a cache-clearing feature.
- Monitor System Resources:
- Keep an eye on your system’s resource usage while playing Persona 5 Tactica.
- High resource utilization, such as RAM or CPU spikes, may indicate potential issues. Adjust in-game settings accordingly or investigate background processes causing resource strain.
I hope that by now you are already playing the game and that you are not encountering any launching issues anymore. However, if you are still having this problem, contact the game’s support team. They should provide you with some insights. Also, if you decide to contact them, make sure to include in your message everything that you have tried so far. Additionally, if you find another solution or fix to this problem, feel free to share it with me in the comments. I will test it on my devices and add it to the list.