Roblox Error Code 272 – 3 Methods to Fix It Fast
Are you using any illegal game modifications? If so, disable them. If not, follow our guide to find other reasons for this error! 👾
Roblox error code 272 annoys players worldwide. Although the error suggests you are running Roblox exploits on your PC, the reality might differ. If any technical issues are causing this error, we are here to assist you by providing the complete list of solutions you can apply to resolve it!
If you experience frequent stability issues, learn the best methods to prevent crashes in Roblox.
Lost connection due to an error.
(Error Code: 272)
Why do I keep getting error code 272 Roblox?
You keep getting Roblox error code 272 because you have game mods or exploits installed on your PC. Additionally, this error can be triggered by other background apps or startup services, corrupted Roblox files, the Firewall blocking the game from launching, pilled-up cache files, or other network-related issues.
How do I fix error 272 in Roblox?
To fix error 272 in Roblox, get started by applying some easy checks:
- Disable game modifications: Many gamers claim that error 272 in Roblox is related to using modifications and exploits. Disable them all, regardless of whether they are used for exploitation.
- Check your internet connection: Head to the Google Speed Test page and check if your internet connection is working. The error might be related to a poor internet connection.
Below are the best solutions for eliminating Roblox error code 272.
1. Allow Roblox through the Firewall
Time needed: 5 minutes
Windows Firewall keeps your PC safe from various threats it is exposed to while you play your favorite games and surf the internet. However, it might also prevent the Roblox client from accessing specific files, which leads the game to believe you use forbidden game modifications. To avoid this, add Roblox as a Firewall exception.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Windows Defender Firewall, and open it.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and Allow Another App.
- Select Browse and navigate to the Roblox installation folder.
- Click on the Roblox executable file (.exe) and select Open.
- Check the checkbox in columns Private and Public in the Roblox row and hit OK.
- Restart your PC.
2. Delete cache files
If you previously used game modifications and deleted them, the information about them might still be cached on your PC which might lead to error 272. Head to the Local folder and delete all files and folders related to Roblox from there to ensure no evidence is left behind.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type %localappdata%, and hit OK.
- Use the CTRL + A shortcut to select all files in the folder.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard to delete all the files in the folder.
➡ If prompted to confirm, click on Yes.
➡ If some files can’t be deleted, click on Skip.
3. Restart network settings
As we already discussed, the problem might be the network and outdated network settings. This is the best way to ensure your PC is ready for communication with the Roblox server.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Command Prompt, and open it.
- Paste the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC.
Extra steps to fix error 272 in Roblox:
- 💽 Run Roblox in compatibility mode: You will prevent Windows compatibility issues from interrupting the Roblox launch.
- 🛡 Temporarily disable your antivirus: Like Firewall, your antivirus might block the game from launching. If an error doesn’t occur, try whitelisting the game in the antivirus settings.
- 💿 Perform a Clean Boot: Some startup services might cause compatibility issues with the Roblox launcher, so we advise you to disable all non-Microsoft startup services.
- 🔁 Reinstall Roblox: If nothing has resolved your issue, you might have to uninstall Roblox and delete all files and folders. Restart your PC and perform a clean Roblox installation.
- ❌Close background apps: There is a chance that some background apps are recognized as forbidden game modifications, so it’s best to close them all before launching Roblox.
- An Error Occurred While Starting Roblox: Best Methods To Fix It
- How To Fix High Ping In Roblox Once & For Good – Expert Guide
- Roblox The Application Encountered An Unrecoverable Error [Fixed]
- An Unexpected Error Has Occurred Roblox Gift Card [Solved]
- Roblox Code 282: How To Fix It For Good – Expert Solutions
In conclusion, Roblox error code 272 represents a hidden way for the Roblox server to say you are running illegal game modifications. If not, check your internet connection and close all background apps before launching the game.
Additionally, check the Firewall and antivirus settings, delete cache files, and restart network settings. Don’t forget to enable Clean Boot and run Roblox in the compatibility mode. The last resort is to reinstall the game. Good luck, and let us know how it went!