Assassin’s Creed Mirage Crashing: The Ultimate Fix Guide
You are in the best place to learn everything you need to know to solve the Assassin's Creed Mirage Crashing on your device!🤺
The world of Assassin’s Creed Mirage offers an immersive journey to Alamut, the birthplace of the Creed, and is a tribute to the 15-year old franchise. But what happens when such a promising game starts to crash unexpectedly? Believe me, I’ve been there. It crashed on my PC. But fret not fellow gamers. I’ve delved deep into this issue, and this guide will walk you through effective solutions to conquer the menace of Assassin’s Creed Mirage crashing.
Why does Assassin’s Creed Mirage keep crashing?
Based on extensive research and personal experience, Assassin’s Creed Mirage keeps crashing due to outdated drivers, services, and processes. However, there are other common culprits for the crashing issue, such as:
- Not meeting the minimum system requirements.
- Outdated graphics drivers: The most commonly encountered problems when dealing with crashes and performance issues are outdated graphics drivers.
- Software conflicts: These conflicts are generated for various reasons, and they could lead to Assassin’s Creed Mirage crash problems if left unattended.
- Overheating components: If you are overclocking your system for better performance, you might overheat your hardware, which can generate more than just Assassin’s Creed Mirage random crashes.
- Corrupted game files: Faulty game files are a potential problem because they can cause file conflicts, be the reason for various Assassin’s Creed Mirage errors, and also stop some of the game’s processes from functioning properly.
How to fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage crashing?
To fix Assassin’s Creed Mirage crashing, first make sure that there are no third-party applications or services conflicting with the game. Then, check if you have any pending updates. Afterwards, continue with the following:
- Restart your PC.
- Verify the minimum specs of the game.
- Disable Windows firewall and the Antivirus tool.
If the game still crashes after these preliminary checks, here are some well-tested solutions to try:
Below, you will find some solutions you can try to fix the hardware-related problems that could be the reason for Assassin’s Creed: Mirage crashing.
- Update Graphics Card Driver: Regularly check for driver updates to ensure optimal performance. You can update your GPU drivers via Device Manager or faster with Outbyte Driver Updater.
- Ensure Adequate RAM: Close other programs and tasks to free up RAM.
- Disable Overclocking: Overclocking can lead to game instability. Return to default settings or change your Processor state to 99% to disable it.
- Clean Dust and Ensure Proper Ventilation: Dust can cause overheating and crashes.
- Monitor GPU Temperature: Overheating GPUs can lead to crashes. To do so, you can either use a third-party application or check it in the task manager settings.
Besides the hardware solutions, there are plenty of software fixes for the Assassin’s Creed Mirage Crashing problems. You will discover below everything that has worked for me so far.
- Run the Game as Administrator: Granting admin rights can solve permission issues by bypassing system limitations.
- Verifying Game Files Integrity: Use platforms like Steam, Epic or Uplay to verify game files. After all, corrupted, missing or faulty game files could easily lead to Assassin’s Creed Mirage randomly crashing.
- Optimize Graphics Settings: Lower settings for better performance.
- Disable Background Processes: Use Task Manager to close unnecessary processes.
- Clean Boot: This ensures no software conflicts with the game by running your system without various third-party processes.
- Disable Ray-Tracing: If you have an older GPU that barely handles RTX, I advise you to disable it. Besides causing the Assassin’s Creed Mirage crash problems, it can also damage your GPU.
- V-Sync Settings: This option will help if you are having performance-related issues. However, it can also cause games to crash because it forces your GPU frame rate to match your monitor’s refresh rate.
- Lower In-Game Graphics: Reduces the load on your GPU.
- Updating DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables: Outdated versions can cause crashes.
- Disable Control Flow Guard (CFG): This option prevents applications from executing their code and protects the memory from possible corruption.
- Re-Install the Game
- Delete Old Save Files or Store Them Somewhere Else.
Check out everything related to peripherals such as your mouse cable, driver, port and everything else.
- Check Peripheral Compatibility: Ensure they’re compatible with the game.
- Update Peripheral Drivers: Especially for gaming mice and keyboards.
- Update Audio and Input Device Drivers: Make sure to update them all, they are many but it doesn’t take long. You can find them with the 🔊 next to them.
- Optimize Controller Settings: For smoother gameplay.
- Check USB Port Connections
- Test with Different Peripherals: Sometimes, it’s just a faulty device causing issues.
Other fixes you can try if Assassin’s Creed Mirage is still crashing:
- Install .Net Framework 3.5
- Rollback your GPU driver: This method is similar to updating your GPU driver. However, for this one to work, you have to do the steps of updating once again, but at the end, pick uninstall instead of update. Then go to the official manufacturer of your GPU and look for a stable driver.
- Update your Windows: This will update your tools, services, processes, and drivers to work best on your Windows version.
- Upgrade your Windows: Switch from 8 to 10 and from 10 to 11 and so on.
Related Assassin’s Creed Mirage articles:
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage: Known Issues
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Crashing
- Assassin’s Creed Unity Keeps Crashing on PC
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Keeps Crashing
No one wants their immersive Alamut journey disrupted. Follow these tried-and-tested solutions to not only fix the Assassin’s Creed Mirage crashing issue but also to optimize your gaming experience. If you’ve faced this issue and found another solution, let the community know in the comments! Let’s ensure everyone can enjoy the tribute to the game that started it all.